AX53 Easymesh Ethernet Backhaul

2 weeks ago - last edited Tuesday
Model: Archer AX53  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20240509 rel.64683

I recently got a firmware update for my ax53, and the description for the update is:

Enhanced system stability.

but from this post:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/593722?sortDir=DESC&page=1

it says that firmware 1.2.4 is able to do Ethernet Backhaul.....

so is it possible or not?

p.s. my country is Indonesia

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:AX53 Easymesh Ethernet Backhaul -Solution
Monday - last edited Tuesday

@horvathotti    @Eddie_G_Kibel    @Charlie 

So sorry, we double-checked again that Archer AX53 V1 1.2.4 build version has not yet integrated into the Easymesh Ethernet Backhaul feature, sp please continue to use Beta version from this thread

And We will push for a new firmware release as soon as possible.

Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
Re:AX53 Easymesh Ethernet Backhaul
2 weeks ago - last edited Tuesday

@Char-lie 

Hi,

The version numbering TP-Link used here is very unfortunate.

You need to install the version 1.2.4 "Build 20240206" linked in the post you mentioned to have EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul.

Options
a week ago - last edited Monday

@Char-lie 

Hi,thanks for posting question here.

If your firmware is Archer AX53 V1 1.2.4 Build 20240509 rel.64683, it should be the latest offcial firmware version. We have confirmed that it can support Easymesh Ethernet backhaul. 

As the thread you mentioned, 1.2.4_Build 20240206_Beta is only beta version. They are different.

@woozle  Thanks for your suggestion as well.

Options
a week ago

@Marvin_S Is it possible to get reassurance that Easymesh Ethernet Backhaul for the AX53 would get officially released, rather than this beta version?

thanks

P.S. it would be great to get an ETA, but I know from other posts that it wouldn't be possible.

Options
a week ago - last edited Monday

@Char-lie 

Hi, thanks for your update.

I guess you took a online update  directly, right?  If so, that means an official release, or you will not see new firmware on the Web management page.

I confirmed that 1.2.4 can support Easymesh Ethernet Backhaul before my last reply. If you have another router which supports this feature, you may have a test.

Options
a week ago

@Marvin_S ah thank you for the explanation and confirmation. it seem i would be buying the AX23 yes

Options
a week ago

@Marvin_S 

hi, I have AX72 as main and 2 AX53 as satélite. I have upgrade Jun 14th AX 53s from the Beta to the official released firmware and it did not work Ethernet backhaul!

i rolled back to the Beta version. 

Later that same day I found a post that confirmed that this official version have not taken care of Ethernet backhaul. 

if you try and make it work, please share again here so we know it and please share firmware version, hardware version and steps you've taken. 

I've been struggling for the past 4 months to make it work and could only make it work with the beta version. 

Options
a week ago
Hello, same for me too, I have an AX73 as main router and 2 AX53 currently in access point mode, both with the latest firmware (1.2.4). I factory resetted one AX53 to try to set up ethernet backhaul but only wanted to work in wireless backhaul..... I'm waiting since last year to have a stable and working firmware.....
Options
Monday

@Char-lie 

Okay, Archer AX23 supports Easymesh Ethernet backhaul with latest firmware, as well.

Options
Re:AX53 Easymesh Ethernet Backhaul -Solution
Monday - last edited Tuesday

@horvathotti    @Eddie_G_Kibel    @Charlie 

So sorry, we double-checked again that Archer AX53 V1 1.2.4 build version has not yet integrated into the Easymesh Ethernet Backhaul feature, sp please continue to use Beta version from this thread

And We will push for a new firmware release as soon as possible.

Recommended Solution
Options
Tuesday

@Marvin_S if ethernet backhaul was not added, then what was changed in ver 1.2.4 Build 20240509 rel.64683?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 605

Replies: 11

Related Articles