Nest Protect smoke alarms repeatedly disconnect

2024-06-24 18:03:59 - last edited 2024-07-01 08:16:37
Model: Deco BE65 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20240508 Rel. 71317

Nest protect smoke alarms won’t stay connected to the network. I’ve set up the separate IoT network using the 2.4ghz band and WPA2 only. They remain connected while they are active, but disconnect as soon as they become inactive. Is there a power saving mode for this network that I can turn off? Any other suggestions? I’ve reset and reconnected them several times to no avail.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Nest Protect smoke alarms repeatedly disconnect-Solution
2024-06-25 07:00:16 - last edited 2024-07-01 08:16:37

@ZackL 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Could you please refer to this link to help me submit the APP logs:

How to submit Deco APP log

Could you please help me further explain "They remain connected while they are active, but disconnect as soon as they become inactive"? like still working as smoke alarms but cannot be connected with the Google Home app?

Did it help if we temporarily disable "Beamforming" under Deco APP>More>Advanced, and turn off "Mesh Technology" for the smoke alarms?

Since it hasn't been mentioned on the firmware release note of Deco BE65 Pro, I don't think it has a power saving mode. But in case the release note hasn't been updated, please go to Deco APP>More>Deco Lab to see whether there is an ECO Mode here.

By the way, are you able to constantly reproduce this issue on the Nest Protect smoke alarms?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Nest Protect smoke alarms repeatedly disconnect-Solution
2024-06-25 07:00:16 - last edited 2024-07-01 08:16:37

@ZackL 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Could you please refer to this link to help me submit the APP logs:

How to submit Deco APP log

Could you please help me further explain "They remain connected while they are active, but disconnect as soon as they become inactive"? like still working as smoke alarms but cannot be connected with the Google Home app?

Did it help if we temporarily disable "Beamforming" under Deco APP>More>Advanced, and turn off "Mesh Technology" for the smoke alarms?

Since it hasn't been mentioned on the firmware release note of Deco BE65 Pro, I don't think it has a power saving mode. But in case the release note hasn't been updated, please go to Deco APP>More>Deco Lab to see whether there is an ECO Mode here.

By the way, are you able to constantly reproduce this issue on the Nest Protect smoke alarms?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options