Deco X50/X55 V1 1.5.5 Optimize The Overall App Experience / Network stability

Deco X50/X55 V1 1.5.5 Optimize The Overall App Experience / Network stability

135 Reply
Re:Deco X50/X55 V1 1.5.5 Optimize The Overall App Experience / Network stability
2024-08-25 06:44:57

Deco X50 1.6.0  @David-TP 

Hi David ,

it's been 22 days since the update with 1.6.0 firmware and as you can see there is not a single problem. Internet is disconnected every 3-5 days due to PPPoE provider settings that requests reauthentication every 3-5 days. There is no problem with that because the re authentications are instant.

I wonder if this firmware should become public.

Clients are recognized as they should, wan is selected correctly , WiFi speed is optimal , mesh is working correctly . VPN not tested so I don't have feedback.

Options
Re:Deco X50/X55 V1 1.5.5 Optimize The Overall App Experience / Network stability
2024-08-25 07:10:58 - last edited 2024-08-25 07:13:51

@David-TP please issue same update also for X50-Outdoor. Currently there are same issues (lack of transmitting IP to devices, device s not recognized unless restart, wireless connexion not following preferences and even bad link, X50-outdoor connected to Main Deco - same X50-outdoor).

Please update also for X50-Outdoor. Eager to test beta or production version.

OR X50 works outdoor (temperature range) covered so not exposes ro rain, to throw away Outdoor and replace it with X50???

Options
2024-08-26 05:07:06

@David-TP I currently installed 1.5.5 and clients are not recognised as they should. That is a long existing problem. 

- Deco shows weird ID's that seem to be a shadow ID of iPhones in the network. For instance, "iPhone of Max" has a client "phone_DR5V" along side. When I move through the house I see the iPhone changing connection to another Deco and the weird ID does that also. 

- the IoT section does not list all cliënts since 1.5.5. Some show offline while they are not. When I delete an "offline" device, it shows up again as a "new cliënt" with its original factory ID for instance "TP Link Tapo Plug X2346".  But the next time I open Deco App, Iot cliënts are gone again. 

this is not stable and it is not a good practice for a router to not show all connected devices. 

also the app and the network! becomes unstable when I open and close the deco app a couple of times. 

there is also good news. The offline red lights I did not see for a while. 

Options
2024-08-26 13:04:18 - last edited 2024-08-26 13:05:20

@JanRekenaar 

hi 

I think that the following problem has to do with IOS Privacy settings and not with DECO:

- Deco shows weird ID's that seem to be a shadow ID of iPhones in the network. For instance, "iPhone of Max" has a client "phone_DR5V" along side. When I move through the house I see the iPhone changing connection to another Deco and the weird ID does that also. 

If you check your iOS device @ the WiFi settings there is one setting Private WiFi Address . This one hides your MAC address by generating a random one . If you disable this one your devices will be recognized correctly but you will get an alert that your WiFi is not secured . It's up to you if you ignore this alert or if you switch back on private WiFi address. If you choose to keep it enabled then you may go with manual renaming the device name in deco app. I am currently with private WiFi address enabled and manually renaming devices in deco , mesh network is up and working and there is no new weird named devices created for already manually renamed iOS devices.

i hope this helps .

Options
2024-08-26 16:17:51

@Billmanakos thank you! That explains the weird IS's. 

@David-TP    only thing for me left as issue is  that clients in IoT network are showing offline where they are online. 

Options
Re:Optimize The Overall App Experience/Network stability on Deco X50/X55_V1
2024-08-26 16:28:32 - last edited 2024-08-26 16:30:38

@ David-TP

weirdest thing that happened: an offline unidentified device keeps comnecting to my DECO network. It doeDECOsn't have MAC or IP. I am deleting it and still reapear offline... what could be the reason???

File:
Screen_Recording_20240826_192300_Deco.zipDownload
Options
2024-08-26 19:22:50

@CCDan 

Change the WiFi Password , use WPA2 AES at least and check again. Also check if the device is connected through WiFi or Ethernet and check were is connected , which satellite Deco is connecting the device .

Options
2024-08-27 14:55:02 - last edited 2024-08-27 16:53:24

I have WPA2 already. And MAC binding on Omada router. The issue is X50-Outdoor. It kills me how unstable is. I have 2, 1 main and 1 wireless connected. 2nd one, no matter the bad is the signal and prefference settings, it connect always to main Deco, same X50-outdoor. Also I noticed that if outside temperature is raising above 35-38 degrees C, they start to mess things: throw out devices, invent fake devices in the network, do not allow devices to reconnect and so on. I really doubt they are for outdoor usage in terms of working temperature. Overall, VERY bad device, continue to create troubles instead of solving, support is 0 from Tplink to address the issues. I am angry how stupid I was to rely on DECO TP-LINK.

Just I recalled now as I need to add a device on 2

4GHz ioT network: same Samsung Zfold 2023 works ok on 5GHz. Try ro connect to iOt 2.4GHz: it will connect without allowing him to access internet. Rebooted X50-outdoor, router, mobile, tried same MAC or random, not allowing to exit in internet.

Another bug that I recall: from time to time the names of the DECOs in the mesh network are restoring themselves to default names. Sometimes all and sometimes only few of them.

And so on....

@TP-Link Is somebody hearing, why you released a device without properly test it in advance? Why you do not fix the issues?

Options
2024-08-27 19:11:31

@Billmanakos where did you download 1.6.   I thought we are testing 1.5.5 from July 18

Options
2024-08-27 19:28:05

SLGTA wrote

@Billmanakos where did you download 1.6.   I thought we are testing 1.5.5 from July 18

@SLGTA 

Hi , this is a beta debugging firmware , TP-Link requested remote access on my mesh network and after testing they send me this one to upgrade the X50 and keep it. It has been more than 25 days with no issues. I've asked TP-Link if there is any update ( it's a beta firmware with debugging enabled ) and they said that soon a new 1.6.0 official  release will be available, so it's better to wait for the official release. I have the link for the 1.6.0 debug beta firmware but I think it's better to request it from TP-Link directly 😃.

Options