Deco X50/X55 V1 1.5.5 Optimize The Overall App Experience / Network stability

Deco X50/X55 V1 1.5.5 Optimize The Overall App Experience / Network stability

135 Reply
Re:Deco X50/X55 V1 1.5.5 Optimize The Overall App Experience / Network stability
3 weeks ago

@David-TP 

Can install this firmware on a DECO X50 (BR) V1.33?

This is the deco sold in Brazil

The current firmware is 1.2.6 build 20240328 Rel. 74284

I'd like to improve vpn performance.

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Deco X50/X55 V1 1.5.5 Optimize The Overall App Experience / Network stability
3 weeks ago

@G-P-C 

Hi, the "connection preference" is not removed and it should still be on the same location.

Do you add other Deco models into the Mesh system?

Best regards.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Adriel_Preto 

HI, Deco X50_V1.3 couldn't install this firmware and 1.2.6 version is the latest firmware.

It would still take a while to support Wireguard VPN protocol.

Thank you very much and best regards.

@zzz676  

Thanks for the update. There hasn't been a plan to add "Static Route" under VPN server/client.

It is suggested to start a new thread here so that other users who had the same request could vote to add more support:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/2252

Best regards.

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@David-TP

For some reason today the "Connection Preference" option is available for each wireless device - it was certainly not there when I was checking the app yesterday.

All the "Connection Preferences" that had been set, were back to defaults after the firmware update.

The app was updated 4 days ago so that didn't fix it. Will keep an eye on this. Thanks for your input. 

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP can I ask how many 2.4Ghz smart switches I can have on a Deco x50/x55 mesh network using 1.5.5?.  Previous version before 1.5x seems to have trouble after approx 30 switches...they started dropping connections and wouldn't always reconnect.

i end up having to build another mesh network to handle some of the smart switches in the house.

There are more than 40 smart switches in that house, i couldn't find a way to have them all on one deco mesh.  Is 1.5.5 / 1.6 suppose to be able to handle more 2.4Ghz IOT devices?

And how many deco node I can have on one mesh network?

Thanks.

Options
3 weeks ago

@SLGTA 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

The Maximum Mesh units might depend on how the Deco X50 units are connected together. Generally, we recommend up to 6 units in one Deco Mesh network.

How many Deco units can I add to my Deco mesh network?

Adding more Mesh units mainly extend the wireless coverage and usually it can increase the maximum connected clients.

Apart from the 40 smart switches, do you have any more 2.4GHz mobile clients?

If the Deco Mesh is mainly to provide a seamless Mesh network for smart home devices, and there is also an ISP router, you could consider settings Deco into Access Point mode:

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

The release note of 1.5.5 mentioned "Increased networking number" but It didn't add much details.  Currently, there haven't been feedback about the increase of overal connected clients either.

Best regards.

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@David-TP thanks David.

that particular house have 51 IoT devices all connecting via 2.4GHz wifi.  And a total of 82 devices in the house (wired / wireless connected)

I couldn't put all of them on one mesh network using x50 with version before 1.5x.  When i tried, those smart switches will randomly lost connections and can't reconnect.   So what I end up doing is to have two mesh network and spread the IOT devices between them ....with most of them on the second mesh network in AP mode (3 nodes) using two SSID...the main one and the IOT one.  The first deco mesh (5 nodes) is in router mode connecting to the ISP router.  All deco nodes are connecting together with a eight ports TPLink switch.

i would like to see if I can put all devices on one mesh network (instead of 2)

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP 

New owner of two X50`s and one X50 outdoor. Today I started with 1.5.5 and every 10mins dropped out and red light for 1min or so. 

I have to go back to previous setup if this is so bad.

Main x50 is behind Huawei B818 that is in bridge mode without wifi or DHCP. Never had any issues with that.

Downgraded to previous version 1.5.1 found from this thread. A little better but still not acceptable. Someone mentioned some beta version that might my be solution too, can I have that?

Luckily I can still return these to Amazon if I don`t find resolution soon. Am I the only one on this boat?

Options
Re:Optimize The Overall App Experience/Network stability on Deco X50/X55_V1
3 weeks ago

@Loon926xx 

After updating my 2 Deco X50 and XE75 (main deco) I've the same as you discribe below:

"Still a few devices that are connected and online via wifi that the app doesn't list with the wifi icon"

When turning of the 2 Deco  X50 all devices connect with the X75 and appear in the app. When powering up 1 X50, some devices appear offline even though they do have internet. 

According the support it was due to my Ziggo modem wasn't in bridge, but after setting this up, the same problem occurs. The support says it is due to my providers network.  But I see I'm not alone on this one. 

Have you got any idea?

Greetings,

Manuel

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP 

I'm a little bit irritated... my "Lounge" is the X50 connected to the modem of my internet provider. It's Version 1.2, and I cant upgrade to the current firmware... do I have to switch to one of the X50 1.0 to get the WireShark feature? Why are the 1.2 Versions on an older firmware?

Thanks, Herbert

Options