Improve the Overall System Stability of Archer BE550/BE800

Improve the Overall System Stability of Archer BE550/BE800

100 Reply
Re:Improve the Overall System Stability of Archer BE550/BE800
2024-08-01 20:08:12

@ChrisBS You'll probably find by that time next gen routers will be promoted as "promising everything the last one didn't", and then the cycle begins again because I always fall for new tech. Seen companys do this time and time again. Who knows maybe I'll be surprised this time....

Options
2024-08-02 06:41:12

@Kevin_Z 

Can these firmwares be used to Archer BE805 for Japan Market?

Options
2024-08-02 09:14:38

Holty88 wrote

I see the beta firmware for the BE550 has been removed. Is there any time frame for when "soon" is for a new beta?

@Holty88  @ChrisBS 

Hello, I have just updated my original post and provided a new beta version, 1.0.11, for Archer BE550 V1.

Please download and install it on your BE550 and let us know how it goes.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-08-02 09:34:33

@Kevin_Z Thanks for the upload Kevin, especially on a Friday. I didn't think betas like these got released just before the weekend due to limited support over the weekend should it be disastrous. Is there any chance of some release note to say what has been addressed? I see no reason to flash my firmware if the Ethernet backhaul hasn't been looked at since this is how my mesh satellite is now running.

Options
2024-08-02 11:22:49

David6479 wrote

@Kevin_Z Thanks for the upload Kevin, especially on a Friday. I didn't think betas like these got released just before the weekend due to limited support over the weekend should it be disastrous. Is there any chance of some release note to say what has been addressed? I see no reason to flash my firmware if the Ethernet backhaul hasn't been looked at since this is how my mesh satellite is now running.

@David6479 Thank you very much for your fast response and for letting me know your concerns.

As far as I can confirm, this new beta firmware was created and provided to resolve most of the issues reported by @ChrisBS, which includes the EasyMesh issue. I cannot give more details about the new beta at the moment, but I will confirm and check if the engineering can do it next week.

If the previous 1.0.10 beta is working fine for you, please stay with it for the weekend. I believe Chris will update his network experience with the new beta.laugh

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-08-02 11:38:13

winenjou wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Can these firmwares be used to Archer BE805 for Japan Market?

@winenjou Sorry, we don't have a beta firmware for Archer BE805 yet.

What kind of feature do you want to test, or what issue do you experience that you want to fix it with the beta?

Options
2024-08-02 12:53:16 - last edited 2024-08-02 12:54:30

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for your reply.

I just submit the issue that happened to me on the other thread.

Here is the URL: 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/681148

I appreciate it if you can check the thread.

BE805 is very unstable in AP-Mode.

I don't use it as a router so I don't know if the issue happens in Router-Mode.

Thank you very much!!!

Options
2024-08-02 15:07:26

@Kevin_Z nice 👍. I'm sold on it and will try it tonight. Thanks again. 

Options
2024-08-02 15:24:08 - last edited 2024-08-03 04:05:12

@Kevin_Z 

Indeed i will test it and do compares to previous firmwares :)

Edit:

I just install 1.0.11 beta firmware on my both BE550v1 devices (main + satellite) - this time no errors and go smooth. 

But sad its still missing "Easymesh on AP mode" to be able update satellite BE550v1 from Satellite router WEBPAGE in easymesh mode. Now evertime i need do  factory-reset before update. Which is annoying when you need waste time for config everytime. And still missing restart button for satellite device from main router WEB PAGE. 

I notice still few bugs not fixed, what i write before on forum and direct to senior technical support via email.

But before i write everything again i need test it for few days first ^^"

Options
2024-08-03 04:11:46 - last edited 2024-08-03 04:12:50

@David6479 

You can install the new beta firmware too :)

Will be nice if help me verify the bugs. But that later :P

First i need tasting stability /network/communication between Main & Satellite router and WiFi signal for few days. 

Options