Improve the Overall System Stability of Archer BE550/BE800

Improve the Overall System Stability of Archer BE550/BE800

100 Reply
Re:Improve the Overall System Stability of Archer BE550/BE800
2024-08-08 07:17:03 - last edited 2024-08-08 07:23:44

@Kevin_Z 

Hello,

After testing the new firmware 1.0.11 for 5 days, I noticed this problem/bug: 

1. I had one micro-network disconnection so far when the device was connected by WiFI. On PC, Ethernet was fine at the same time when disconnection on WiFi happened. 
Logs show nothing on device.) I need to do more investigation of it. If that happens again.

2. Both BE550v1 (main and satellite devices) get crazy with the 5Ghz band. Switching channels alone. problem appear randomly. 
The most often when i do changes on WiFi settings or restart main router alone. 
3. After opening and closing the MLO option. I can't anymore choose the DFS channel on 5Ghz. Router doesn't listen and puts a random channel. Restart or change settings don't help.

To fix 2 i 3 problem, I had to turn off manually Ethernet between the main and satellite router and change the DFS channel to another one and restart the main router and satellite. When the main router set up all settings i connect back or turn on the Satellite router.

4. When I connect to MLO by WiFI INTEL BE200, it shows download or upload between  80 and 1400 MBs max. and jump like that between these values..
I'm testing less than 1m line of sigh from the router.

5. I notice when WiFI INTEL BE200 connects to the 6 GHz band with the 802.11be protocol. And 99% of the time, the connection is weaker and shows low speed. 1400MBs, 500MBs or less. I tested 1 meter from the router. 
When I force connect with 802.11ax protocol. Problems are gone and speed back to max 2400/2400 MBs upload and download.
It looks like the client device has problems with proper connection to 160/320 MHz channel width on the BE550v1 router on 802.11be protocol
I also check 802.11be protocol on 5Ghz band and works fine ~ 2900/2900 MBs. So its only problems with 6Ghz band.

From previous bugs what i report still no fixed:

1. BE550v1 WiFi 6GHz band strength its 10dBi less stronger then other BE550v1 2,4/5GHz bands. 
not fully fixed its 7dBi  average difference now. But signal its stronger in all band, finally 2,4/5Ghz works almost like AX55 :)

2. USB storage bug. When you un-mark any folder in USB storage. All folders containing spaces between words also disappear.  - Not fixed.

3. When you connect BE550 + BE550 in backhaul easymesh system. Satellite router don't listen main router and put different channel width of WiFi on 2,4/5GHz -  Not fixed. 

Now also 5GHz switch channel alone (both devices), problems with DFS what i write above.

From features we need for now:

1- Easymesh WiFi/backhaul in AP mode (to be able go to webpage on satellite router)

2 -Be able restart satellite router from main router.

3- Be able manually update satellite router from main router.

Options
2024-08-08 09:12:47

@ChrisBS Nice one Chris, that is some impressive testing. I hope TP-Link appreciate your time and effort in doing this and take onboard your findings.

Options
2024-08-08 14:33:07

@Waterfox 

Cool, we wait for your testing! I hope you won't throw up the router from the window :)

Options
2024-08-08 20:41:17

@ChrisBS Mines gone back in the box. Terrible Terrible router. 

Options
2024-08-08 20:49:03

@Football_Dave 

The router is fine, only the firmware is a huge f**** mess.

That's why I'm trying to help them fix it. And I'm like a lab rat testing these beta firmwares for the greater good. LOL

Options
2024-08-09 08:15:27

@ChrisBS 

Thank you very much for all the detailed testing results and feedback. We appreciate all of your efforts and time.

I will also make sure to bring all of these details forward to the engineering team and ask them to investigate them further. You could email all the details to them directly since I had previously escalated your case to them already.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-08-09 08:48:01

TheHypnooToad wrote

@TheHypnooToad seem to have issue with the  connection of other devices if dmz is active as soon as i turn it off it goes away.

@TheHypnooToad Is this issue repeatable? Are the Alexa and Google smart home devices experiencing issues or are some other devices? We appreciate it if you could provide more details.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-08-09 08:48:23

@Kevin_Z 

Hey, thank you for the replay.

I already did it. I sent an email to Senior Technical Support about these problems yesterday.

BTW.

Today I noticed both routers 5Ghz band alone changed channel canal to (no DFS) and width was different on both devices too. They don't keep settings that I provide to them, and on logs, it's nothing. Also, 6GHz started messing up too; the satellite started transmitting 160MHz, but after I switched DFS settings on the 5GHz band again, 6GHz settings on the satellite router went back to normal too.

If you can, please  @Kevin_Z report that too. I don't have right now time to send email i just have 1 min break :) 

Options
2024-08-09 11:47:33

@ChrisBS 

NP at all. I will feedback that soon.

Options
2024-08-09 21:11:38

@Kevin_Z 

can you provide information what fix or feature included on this new beta for be550? Thanks! 

Options