Improve the Overall System Stability of Archer BE550/BE800

Improve the Overall System Stability of Archer BE550/BE800

100 Reply
Re:Improve the Overall System Stability of Archer BE550/BE800
2024-08-15 15:35:51
@Kevin_Z Is there any chance any time soon to test DoH/DoT features on BE550 / BE800 routers ?
Options
2024-08-15 16:02:22

@SmartTP 

The all official firmwares are sh*t (don't work), to be honest. They are not stable at all, have a weak wifi signal, don't work MLO, have problems with random network disconnection, and more.

The new beta 1.0.11 works a lot better but is still not perfect. But at least they bring back the wifi signal to a normal level, and I'm glad. Before I had 65% coverage, now it's 80% like on the AX55. 

I keep talking with support via email and give them feedback from my testing. So they try to reproduce issues and fix them.

It's a little annoying because we paid $300 each for BE550 and I have 2x of them. And we customers have to help them meet marketing and hardware specifications, which should have come out with the product 8 months ago. I don't know who could allow such bugged firmwares to be official. They need to find a better I inside testers or employ US. LOL

Options
2024-08-15 23:20:44

@ChrisBS  I have 2 be550 in easymesh configuration. When I change the channel, the satellite follow through. When I set the width to 80hz the satellite still remain 160hz. Yes, wifi signal not good. I'm currently using public release  1.0.10 version that the app installed. 

Options
2024-08-16 02:39:52

@SmartTP 

So for what are you waiting for?  Go and update for beata 1.0.11. At least its better than all official releases.  Will be nice to have another person testing it and confirming my problems about what I mentioned before with this beta release.

More feedback is better! 

Options
2024-08-16 03:41:56

David6479 wrote

Was on the PS5 last night doing some rare late online gaming when I was suddenly kicked out. Checking I had zero connection to anything, BE550 had lost internet connection and all Wi-Fi and LAN devices disconnected. Trying to use my mobile Tether app on the iPhone could not find the router. On checking the router lights all looked good and my ONT box looked OK too.

This happened as it struck midnight, I had no schedules set and was the first time I'd experienced this. Had to do a power off at the router then let it restart. Back to normal after that. Strange considering its the first time that happened and at a specific time.

Will the logs go back 9 hours? or will they be wiped after I restarted the router as I'm curious about checking something else that may have been the cause.

@David6479 I remember you installed the 1.0.11 beta software on Aug 3, and it's the first time you're experiencing such an issue, I would suggest monitoring if this will happen again and please help verify what triggers this internet loss.

I have also reported this issue to the engineering team, and I hope they can find some clues with more tests.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-08-16 07:37:00 - last edited 2024-08-16 07:40:28

I have now installed the beta 1.1.6 firmware (BE800) and since then the 5G network has not failed anymore smiley

Options
3 weeks ago

I have installed the beta 1.1.6 firmware (BE800). Here are my experiences with this router and firmware:

1. My cell phones can't get Dynamic IPs and won't connect. Switch to Static IPs and connects right away. Using two Galaxy S23 Ultra and Note 9. Same situation with both 2.4/5G and 6G wireless networks.

2. Numerous disconnects and reconnect with WiFi on all cell phones. 

3. Router is connected to modem (in bridge mode) with 2.5G speed on port 1. Port 3 is connect to 10G network switch. Nothing else is connected to the network ports on the router. Everytime I boot up any computers on my network, all internet activity "freezes" and all my network drives to NAS take at least 20-30 sec to "connect". Seems like the router is in sleep mode and needs time to wake up. Computers are getting DHCP from the router. Also, never had this problem with ISP modem/router box.

EasyMesh, MLO Network, Flow control, Guest Network, IoT Network, and most other options are NOT Enabled. I just need a simple fast router. 

Options
3 weeks ago

Any news on a beta update? 

Options
3 weeks ago

@Kevin_Z 

i am very dissapointed with this BE800 V1 that i am using now.. the wireless keeps dropping and my Oppo handphones keep on trying to search for a channel to connect to.

my previous TP-Link Archer AX11000 had such a strong wireless signal that wherever i was in my home, i could always connect with a strong signal.

my home is 145square meters in size, and i never had to use any "Mesh system"

i am using the beta firmware that this page has uploaded V1_V1.1.6.. very bad. wish there were removable antenna's instead of the inbuilt antenna's.

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

Official firmware version 1.0.11 for BE550/BE9300(US) has been released.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-be550/

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-be9300/

Change log:

This firmware introduces the wireless firmware update, enhances system stability, and optimizes MLO network stability.

Note:

1. Updated wireless firmware to fix related instability issues.

2. Fixed the MLO disconnection issue with the Samsung S24U and other similar WiFi 7 clients.

3. Updated default encryption to WPA2/WPA3 for main 2.4G and 5G Wi-Fi networks.

4. Fixed the bug allowing clients on Guest Wi-Fi to access USB sharing in AP mode.

5. Enhanced VPN stability.

6. Fixed the issue where tether clients show no clients in special cases.

7. Improved app performance with server request optimizations.

8. Fixed the issue where DDNS stops working in special cases.

Options