No automatic change from 5G to 4G and back

2024-07-26 19:08:52
Model: Deco X50-5G  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

Hi,

I use my Deco in Spain with an external antenna, operating in 4G and 5G. Usually, the 5G-signal works with 2-300 Mbit/s, but sometimes it drops and there is no "juice" 0 Mbit/s. I suspect it to be a problem with too many users on the carrier-antenna because of the vacation period in Costa del Sol. 

However, I cannot see that the connection is lost, because the signal is usually green in the app and the light on the Deco itself is usually white (sometimes red, but not often). It does not happen to often after I narrowed the network band down to only use B3, B7 and B20. When I manually change the network to 4G it works with 4G, but much lower speed of course - but there is a connection.

Why can the router not do this by itself? And then try 5G again a little later? It is a big problem because the house here has different users, and I am not there to manually change to 4G and back to 5G all the time...

Thanks in advance.

PS. I don't know the hardware version. Where do you see that?

Options
1 Reply
Re:No automatic change from 5G to 4G and back
2024-07-29 09:26:18

@lh03 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

I think you are on V1 and you can find the hardware version on the bottom product label.

Have you tried to temporarily remove the external antennas and use the built-5G antennas?

I think it is likely that Deco X50-5G switched to a certain serving cell whose 5G band was not covered by the external antennas.

By the way, may I know who is your SIM Carrier?

How often did this issue usually happen within one day?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options