No option for wifi 6 backhaul under wifi setting in my Deco app

2024-07-27 01:20:01 - last edited 2024-07-27 12:04:38
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.2.9 build 20231225...

Hi All,

This is my first post as I just got my first TP link mesh system and am situated in Sydney Australia.

I notice this exact same question has been asked earlier this year (Jan 6, 2024) but the thread doesn't exist anymore or has been deleted. So there are no available responses for me to see (nor even the whole question, as only part of it shows up in the Google search)

But I've got the same issue; there is no option in my Deco app to dedicate the wifi 6 band to backhaul. I'd like to know why this is the case and if I can change it.

I've set up the 3 pack system properly, upgraded to the latest firmware and it is working, but the nodes are using all three bands for backhaul, whereas I'd like the 2 nodes to use  exclusively the wifi 6 band for backhaul and leave the other bands for my devices.

Thanks in advance

J

Options
5 Reply
Re: No option for wifi 6 backhaul under wifi setting in my Deco app
2024-07-27 22:56:35

@Jacquemartes 

Please somebody at TP link at least respond to this. It is a bona fide question.

Options
2024-07-29 07:05:53 - last edited 2024-08-01 01:26:23

@Jacquemartes 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

You could go to the device settings of the satellite Deco XE75 to check the current Mesh Backhaul bands

The 6GHz still works as the Backhaul bands with 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. The current change is only an APP UI optimization in order to maintain a consistent design with the 2.4/5 GHz Wi-Fi network in the Deco app. 

Best regards.

Options
2024-07-31 09:59:49

@David-TP 

Sorry. I'm new to this. A week or two ago, I experimented with opening up the dedicated Wi-Fi backhaul 6 GHz to network traffic. I've since decided I don't wanna keep it that way, but since then I cannot find the option to switch it back to the way it was.

This is one of my satellites. Can anyone tell me if it's configured properly with a 6GHz Wi-Fi backhaul? Or where is the setting that lets me rededicate the Wi-Fi backhaul once again?

Options
2024-08-01 01:29:17

@TexasLoner 

Hi, Thank you very much for the update.

The 6GHz on your Deco XE75 has been configured properly.

Best regards.

Options
2024-08-01 04:03:09 - last edited 2024-08-01 04:07:31

David-TP wrote

@Jacquemartes 

You could go to the device settings of the satellite Deco XE75 to check the current Mesh Backhaul bands

The 6GHz still works as the Backhaul bands with 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. The current change is only an APP UI optimization in order to maintain a consistent design with the 2.4/5 GHz Wi-Fi network in the Deco app.

@David-TP 

The settings on my 2 satellites say I'm connected to the main router by all 3 bands, 2.4 GHz/5GHz  and 6 GHz. So there is no dedicated backhaul. This sounds like more just a UI change, but a substantive change. This seems to substantiated by the post from @TexasLoner above, who also seems to have lost the dedicated wi-fi 6 backhaul.

Options