Parental Control Issues On Deco X20

2024-08-03 04:07:03 - last edited 2024-08-08 09:42:46
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.2

Hi there,

Having issues with the traffic control accuracy for usage on my children's profiles.

Despite not using them & having the devices closed. They are maxing out each day often before they have even started the day. It's for all profiles not just one & has been happening regularly. 

The work around is that I need to continue to increase their time limit which is painful for all, me included. For example it can be a 6hr limit & it's maxed out before they come home from school.

It seems there are programs etc possible running in the background that activate the time limits even when not in use. If my child leaves a device at home for example they come home from school & 6hrs have been used even though they haven't been here.

Any ideas what to do to solve this issue?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Parental Control Issues On Deco X20
2024-08-05 03:32:00

@Hirdy 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

The Online time under Parental Control records the device's internet access time, instead of phone "ScreenTime" so it is expected to calculate the online time used by system programs running in the background. So far, there hasn't been an option to filter the system running time but you could try to manually "block" the parental control file when kids are at home and "unblock" it after school.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 116

Replies: 1

Related Articles