2024-08-13 12:55:16 - last edited 2024-08-13 12:56:59
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.3

I have a network of the following:

X55 x 3 (one of which is the Main Deco)

M5 x 3

X50-Outdoor x 1

Recently, and a couple of weeks after I installed the latest firmware onto the X55, the app has become unstable. Before it was fine, never had a problem.

It regularly shows Decos as offline, even though it appears they are not.

Also shows minimum connected item (example shown above; Main: 1 items where there is actually 35+)

I have so far:

• Rebooted the network, several times
  • Restarted the app
  • Removed app, rebooted phone, reinstalled the app (iPhone 13)

Upon closing the app and restarting it, the correct number of items show, then after a few seconds it seems to refresh back to the wrong information when it seems to then only show TP-Link products (like Tapo and Kasa), everything else shows as "offline".

Any ideas?

Options
12 Reply
Re:Deco App unstable
2024-08-13 13:36:39

Getting worse.

Options
2024-08-13 13:49:04

Down to 2 Decos now.

Options
2024-08-13 18:39:33

Main Deco at 100% processor constantly also.

if anyone at TP-link is listening?

Options
2024-08-13 18:51:09

@SteveWex They are based in Hong kong so won't see this till they get in in the morning. 

I also have stability issues with a new X50 PoE system :-(

Options
2024-08-14 01:25:47

@SteveWex 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Is your Deco X55 V1/V1.6?

How to find the hardware and firmware version of my TP-Link device

If yes, it is suggested to install the latest 1.5.5 firmware here:

Deco X50/X55 V1 1.5.5 Optimize The Overall App Experience / Network stability

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-08-14 09:58:12 - last edited 2024-08-14 10:07:14

@David-TP 

I've made the following changes:

• Removed the Network and restarted all the Decos.
  • Recreated the Network using an alternative X55 as the Main Deco in case the original Main Deco was faulty.
  • Applied the Firmware update to each of the X55 (V1)
  • Applied the recent update to the M5
  • Rebooted the entire network.

Result: Zero difference.

As you can see above, the network continues to show most clients offline. They appear and disappear randomly with the Deco, sometimes moving between Decos (so I can see 40 items connected to the 'Front Bedroom', then a moment later they might appear on 'Living Room')

The system is going through the various Deco Online/Offline status as before and the entire network is slow and unstable.

Other things of note:

• Decos appear and disappear randomly
  • Main Deco is showing 100% CPU Usage

Options
2024-08-14 17:03:42

@David-TP 

Got it working again, but the only way I can get it to work is to use one of the M5 Decos as the Main Deco.

Hardly ideal as it's not as required by the list that wants the X55 first, plus I've lost all the X55 features.

Putting the X55 back in as the Main Deco created all the original problems. (This time using the third and final X55 as the Main Deco.) This seems to suggest there is a problem with the X55 being at the head of the pack.

As I need the outdoor Deco, I think the best option is to ditch these newfangled X55 in favour of 3 more M5 seeing that they work. As I only bought the X55 in April last year, I will try to return the X55 to Amazon for a refund unless some miracle occurs in the next 24 hours.

Options
2024-08-15 13:10:38

@David-TP 

Well as usual I guess the deafening silence says it all. I have come to expect nothing less.

Thanks for nothing.

Time to head for the Netgear pages to see what they can offer me in the way of a decent Mesh system.

Options
2024-08-16 03:29:41

@SteveWex 

Hi, I'm sincerely sorry for the inconvenience.

Later if you expect a quick response, please try to leave me a message or contact our Live Chat service:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

If you'd like to further cooperate with us, I'm sure the engineer would love to help us locate the issue as soon as possible. You could refer to this link to help me submit the Deco APP log first- How to submit Deco APP log.

- Since there are 7 Deco units in the Mesh system, It is highly appreciated if you could attach a picture of the network topology, such as:

(Please try leave me a message if you have submitted the APP log, thank you in advance!)

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-08-21 19:31:53

@David-TP - I am also experiencing the same issue.

5 x x55 updated to 1.5.5.

I've tried many things - switching the "Main" unit, many restarts, resets and power offs. Even tried introducing an x60. Nothing worked. Many of the symptoms described in this post - the non-Main Decos appear offline in the app (but aren't - I can logon via the web interface), connected devices appear offline yet the "offline" devices retain Internet connectivity. Decos would come online, then drop off again within minutes.

The thing that finally brought it all back stable was a downgrade to 1.5.3.

I guess I'll sit at 1.5.3 and wait for a fix.

NNV.

Options