Votes

Time Between Notifications

2024-08-20 04:08:16
Model: Tapo C120  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

I put one of these in the garage and when someone leaves, I get hammered with person and vehicle detection notifications.  Another software feature other cameras have that I can't seem to find in Tapo is being able to have a quiet time between notifications.  If someone is in the garage, I don't need 10 person notifications within 15 seconds.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Time Between Notifications
2024-08-20 09:52:17

@Maton 

Hi,
Generally, the same type of camera notifications will not be pushed too frequently, and there may be 1-2 notifications of the same type within 1 minute. If you receive 10 person-detected notifications within 15 seconds, whether they are from different cameras?
Please describe your usage scenario in detail for better evaluation. And do you need to be able to have a quiet time between notifications for a specific camera or all of your Tapo devices?
Best Regards

Options
2024-08-21 12:11:05

@Solla-topee 

Here is an example.  Yesterday, someone left through the garage and my phone started blowing up with notifcations.

19:26:15 - Motion Detected

19:28:05 - Person Detected

19:28:56 - Vehicle Detected

Then on return...

20:00:56 - Motion Detected

20:03:23 - Motion Detected

20:03:29 - Person Detected

Cameras from other vendors have a setting to suppress notifications that occur rapidly.  The other product probably would have only notified twice in both instances instead of 4 for the first event and 3 for the second event.  I'd be fine if the subsequent notifications still came as long as they were silent (no sound, no vibration).

Options
2024-08-22 00:36:45

Today I went through the garage to mow the lawn.

19:30:56 - Person detected

19:30:57 - Person detected

19:31:56 - Motion detected

19:31:56 - Person detected

Options
2024-08-22 06:13:09

@Maton 

Hi,
Generally, if you have enabled motion detection, person detection, and vehicle detection on a camera, you may receive three different types of notifications for the same event. If you only want to be notified when there is an event, you can only enable the motion detection function, or set only send motion detection notification on the camera's Notifications page.

If you receive two identical notifications for the same event, for example:

19:30:56 - Person detected
19:30:57 - Person detected

Can you send us the notification page(Tapo app>Home tab> Tap the Bell icon at the top right corner>Tapo C120) about the above notifications on the Tapo app?

Best Regards

Options
2024-08-22 15:42:40

@Solla-topee 

I'll try with person and vehicle notifications turned off.  I still want recordings of those events.  I just don't want my phone beeping and buzzing so much. 

Isn't the default configuration to have all notification types enabled?  If this works, it means that the situation will be resolved for me, but not for the majority of customers out there.  Ideally, you want the default configuration to provide the best experience for the majority.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Maton 

Hi,
On the Tapo C120's Notifications page, the default configuration is to have all notification types(activity types) enabled so you will receive the corresponding notifications when the corresponding detection types are enabled. However, you can edit the camera's notification settings as per your usage scenario and requirements.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 119

Replies: 6

Voters 1