IPv6 Issues After Router Reboot

3 weeks ago
Model: Deco BE65  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 20240322

I'm having trouble with IPv6 on my BE65 router. I originally noticed the issue after setting up a scheduled reboot.

Here's what happens:

• IPv6 Enabled: With IPv6 turned on, my internet connection is stable.

• Router Reboot: After a reboot (scheduled or manual), the internet connection fails to establish. To restore it, I have to:

• Disable IPv6

• Reboot the router

• Wait for the internet connection to re-establish via IPv4

• Re-enable IPv6

Only then does the internet with IPv6 work correctly. It seems that after reboot, the internet connection can't establish with IPv6 enabled.

I've tried just toggling off IPv6 after a reboot and waiting for the internet connect to re-estalish, but it doesn't after waiting 20 minutes or so. It only works once reboot with IPv6 disabled.

The router's firmware is up-to-date according to the app.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions or advice would be greatly appreciated. I know I can avoid the problem by disabling scheduled reboots, but it's inconvenient if I need to troubleshoot something in the future which involves a reboot.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Options
4 Reply
Re:IPv6 Issues After Router Reboot
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@mjalb88 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Who is your internet service provider?

- How about the internet connection type for both IPV4 and IPv6, Dynamic IP or PPPOE?

-I noticed you have used Archer AX50 before. Did you have a similar issue on AX50 earlier?

Did the Deco BE65 remain solid red after rebooting?

And are you able to constantly reproduce this issue?

- If yes, can you help me save the system log from the web UI when the internet service is lost again:

Deco web interface login

In the meantime, I'd like to follow up on your case via email as I might need to consult your case with the engineer and ask for more advice.

Please check whether you can receive my email later.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP Here are the answers to your questions.

Who is your internet service provider? I am in Australia and my ISP is Superloop

- How about the internet connection type for both IPV4 and IPv6, Dynamic IP or PPPOE? For both IPv4 and IPv6 it's Dynamic IP

-I noticed you have used Archer AX50 before. Did you have a similar issue on AX50 earlier? Unfortunately I'm not sure, I didn't enable IPv6 when I was using my AX50

Did the Deco BE65 remain solid red after rebooting? Yes, remains solid red after rebooting

And are you able to constantly reproduce this issue? Yes, I can constantly reproduce the issue

I have now submitted the system log via the deco app as per the instructions in the link. I have submitted the system log after reproducing the issue. Also noticed that re-enabling IPv6 is a bit buggy as well. I re-enable IPv6 but toggling the switch in the app, but it doesn't automatically establish an IPv6 IP address until I force it to by changing 'Assigned Type' from SLAAC+RDNSS to DHCPv6, or vice versa. It seems like by changing the 'Assigned Type' it forces the router to establish an IPv6 IP address, only then is an IPv6 internet connection is re-established.

Options
3 weeks ago

@mjalb88 

Hi, Thank you very much for the update.

The case has been escalated to the senior engineers for further assistance. Please check the email later for more suggestions.

I realized I made a mistake. I meant to ask for a copy of the web system log, but somehow sent the instruction for APP logs-(Deco web interface login). If you happened to kept the web UI system log when Deco was solid red after rebooting(before disabling IPV6), I would greatly appreciate it if you could include it in the email update.

Thanks again and best regards.

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP I have replied to the email and included the web system log when Deco was solid red after rebooting (before disabling IPV6).

Thanks,

Mark

Options