Casting issue to Tivo Stream 4K

2024-08-20 14:05:58
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a Zyxel DX3300-T1 modem provided by my ISP. All of my devices are connected to my Deco X20s via wifi. Only that my Tivo Stream 4K is connected to my Zyxel router via ethernet cable. When I am using my Deco in router mode, I cannot cast stuff via, lets say, my phone (connected via wifi to Deco) to my Tivo Stream 4K (connected to Zyxel modem via cable). When in AP mode it is OK though. But I want to keep using it in Router mode. FYI, Device Isolation mode is off.

Only workaround I found was connecting my Tivo to Deco X20 directly via ethernet cable, to the second input. It works alright, but while ping for Wifi connected devices are around 9-11ms, Tivo shows 50ms ping this way. Would that be a fine arrangement?

And yes, I can connect my Tivo via wifi too, but just want to see if there is a solution to this.

Thanks folks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Casting issue to Tivo Stream 4K
2024-08-21 07:53:32

@leviosa 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Have you tried to set  Zyxel DX3300-T1 to bridge mode so that Deco X20 could be the only DHCP router in the network:

https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/7254914487186-Zyxel-Router-Configuring-Your-Router-in-Bridge-Mode-IP-Passthrough-Mode#h_01J55YM6P774799FEG32VJPKJZ

After that, please connect the Tivo Stream 4K to the main Deco X20 via an Ethernet cable and check the ping latency again.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options