Archer BE550 only gives me about 120mbps download speed on wired lan.

2024-08-20 22:09:17 - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Archer BE550  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I purchased BE550 to have benefit with its 2.5gb LAN.

but i'm getting only about 100~120mbps download speed when using wired LAN connection.

weird thing is I'm getting about 800mbps upload speed.

and getting 800mbps download speed on Wifi connection. so it's definitely not my ISP problem.

my previous router was also tplink router with 1gbps lan. I switched to my previous router, and it has no problem. it gives me 800mbps download speed.

It looks like BE550 router is somehow limiting my wired lan download speed to 120mpbs.

I tried multiple devices with ethernet port(Windows PC, Mac studio, Macbook, Playstation5) all devices was same low speed.

I tried reset my router multiple times. no luck.

I tried various ethernet cable. no luck.

I would like to know what could cause this problem.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer BE550 only gives me about 120mbps download speed on wired lan.-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@kylekaturn  @kozima 

Hello, we've published a new software for BE550 V1/V1.6 recently with a few fixes you will likely be interested in, including fixes for a few of the behaviors reported on the forums.

Please check this thread for more details:

Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability

Please reply to let us know if this firmware helps resolve the issue you're experiencing. Thank you very much.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer BE550 only gives me about 120mbps download speed on wired lan.
2024-08-21 02:00:45 - last edited 2 weeks ago

@kylekaturn 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

May I know who your internet service provider is?

- Is the overall subscribed bandwidth 1000Mbps download/upload?

It is suggested to go to the web interface>HomeShield>QoS to set the bandwidth as 1000Mbps download/upload.

-If it didn't help, can I have a screenshot of the speedtest on the wired clients so that I can ask the senior engineer for more advice?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Archer BE550 only gives me about 120mbps download speed on wired lan.

I'm having exactly the same issue on my be550, already tried to enable the QoS but still doesn't work

Options
Re:Archer BE550 only gives me about 120mbps download speed on wired lan.-Solution

@kylekaturn  @kozima 

Hello, we've published a new software for BE550 V1/V1.6 recently with a few fixes you will likely be interested in, including fixes for a few of the behaviors reported on the forums.

Please check this thread for more details:

Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability

Please reply to let us know if this firmware helps resolve the issue you're experiencing. Thank you very much.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 162

Replies: 3

Related Articles