Issues with TP-Link Ethernet Adapter – Connection Keeps Dropping

3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone,

I’m reaching out because I’ve been experiencing some persistent problems with my TP-Link Ethernet adapter and could use some advice.

Here’s what’s happening:

• Adapter Model: TP-Link UE300
  • Operating System: Windows 11
  • Issue: My Ethernet connection frequently drops, sometimes multiple times a day. I must unplug and replug the ethernet adapter to restore the connection when it does. Additionally, I’ve noticed slower internet speeds since the issue started.

What I’ve Tried So Far:

1. Driver Updates: I’ve updated the drivers to the latest version from the TP-Link website.
  2. Different USB Ports: Tried plugging the adapter into various USB ports on my laptop, but the problem persists.
  3. Testing on Another Device: Connected the adapter to a different computer, and the same issues occurred.
  4. Cable Check: Swapped out the Ethernet cable to rule out any cable-related problems.
  5. Power Management Settings: Disabled USB selective suspend in the power settings, but no improvement.

Additional Details:

• Router: I’m using a standard ISP-provided router, and other devices connected via Ethernet don’t have any issues.
  • Environment: No recent changes to my network setup or hardware.

Has anyone else encountered similar issues with TP-Link Ethernet adapters?

I’m wondering if this might be a hardware fault with the adapter itself or if there’s a specific setting I might be missing. Any troubleshooting tips or recommendations for alternative solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Issues with TP-Link Ethernet Adapter – Connection Keeps Dropping-Solution

@charliekthrn 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

You are very good at Troubleshooting and these are basically all the possible suggestions we could provide.

May I know how long you had the adapter? Did the issue start recently?

If it worked before, It is more like a hardware fault and you could try to contact the local support for warranty service.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Issues with TP-Link Ethernet Adapter – Connection Keeps Dropping-Solution

@charliekthrn 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

You are very good at Troubleshooting and these are basically all the possible suggestions we could provide.

May I know how long you had the adapter? Did the issue start recently?

If it worked before, It is more like a hardware fault and you could try to contact the local support for warranty service.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options