Streaming issue while VPN activated

a week ago
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.5 Build 20240718 Rel. 44414

Since I updated my Deco a few days ago to the latest firmware, I had straight the problem that my internetradio stopped working after something between 1 and 2 minutes. I rebooted my deco's and also my google speakers. All of it didn't help. Later I found out it has something to do with active VPN in the app. When I switched it off, the radiostreaming had no issues. When switching on again, the radio stopped working.

The strange thing is that only the radio (TuneIn) is having issues with it. I tested with Spotify and it went fine with an activated VPN.

What might be the cause of it?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Streaming issue while VPN activated
a week ago

@bhamerly 

Hi,

Please help provide more information for us.

1. The network topology.

2. VPN settings on your Deco. What VPN protocol are you using, and which devices are selected to use VPN?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 49

Replies: 1

Related Articles