Archer AX6000 Slow Upload Speed (Intern Speed Test Only)

a week ago
Tags: #Network Connectivity #Upload speed
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 Build 20230906 rel.52143(5553)

Hello dear community,

I have a FTTH internet connection with 500Mbps upload and download speeds. When I do a speed test on my computer, I get speeds of 550 up and 550 down with a ping of 2. The computer is connected to a TP-Link switch, which is connected to my ARCHER AX6000. So, no problem there.

However, when I do a speed test using the router’s built-in test on the app or via the IP address, I get upload speeds of around 430, 475.

What I have tried:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/269726

What do you think the problem is?

Thank you!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer AX6000 Slow Upload Speed (Intern Speed Test Only)
a week ago

@BrunoT 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

I afraid that your situation is different from another thread you followed, so it is not suggested to follow that to troubleshoot.

For the speed test, if you use different tools, the results be different. So it is normal.

It is suggested to test speed via www.speedtest.net.

If you thinks the download/upload speed is slow, it is suggested to follow this troubleshooting guide to test and feedback the details.

Thanks for your cooperation~

Options
a week ago

@Marvin_S 

How can the built-in test on the router give me a lower speed (430) than the test done by a computer with a switch on the SpeedTest site (550)? It would be logical for the built-in test on the router to be faster and more accurate, wouldn't it?"

Options
a week ago

@BrunoT 

Hi, I understand what you are saying. I think it is the reason that the speed-test node is not the best, causing the built-in test tool performs not that good.

I'll make sure to log this feature improvement and pass it along to the related team.

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Marvin_S 

It would be nice to see the same information as on the speed test site, such as the server, ping, and other information. Also, having an option to cut all internet traffic, both Ethernet and Wi-Fi, for a more accurate test.”

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 91

Replies: 4

Tags

Related Articles