Connecting Onemesh (Archer A6 v3.0) to Easymesh (AX 12)

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer A6   Archer AX12  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.16 Build 20230828 rel.44667(5553)

Hey guys!

So i just bought a new router which is my Archer AX12 and I was hoping to mesh my two routers (Archer A6 3.0 and Archer AX 12) together, because before when i ordered this new router, i researched and saw that ONEMESH and EASYMESH is compatible with each other.
But now i cant seem to connect the two routers :<

Archer A6 3.0 is quite old and i tried searching this forum to resolve this like, setting the AX12 to sattelite mode so that A6 onemesh will detect the easymesh but it doesnt work :<
Can someone help me about this? Thank you in advance!

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Connecting Onemesh (Archer A6 v3.0) to Easymesh (AX 12)-Solution

@ItsMeRimuru 

Hi,

OneMesh itself doesn't support connecting another OneMesh router as satellite. A OneMesh network can only be expanded by TP-Link Range Extenders and certain TP-Link Powerline adapters.

However, there is a trick someone here has discovered some time ago.

An EasyMesh router can be added as a satellite to an OneMesh main router by using the WPS method.
(Set the Archer AX12 to "Satellite" mode. Then press the WPS button of the Archer A6 V3 and within two minutes press the WPS button of the Archer AX12.)

Recommended Solution
Options

@ItsMeRimuru 

OneMesh does not support wired connections, it only works wirelessly. If you connect the two routers by cable, then either it will not work at all or the network will become erratic.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply

@ItsMeRimuru 

Hi,

OneMesh itself doesn't support connecting another OneMesh router as satellite. A OneMesh network can only be expanded by TP-Link Range Extenders and certain TP-Link Powerline adapters.

However, there is a trick someone here has discovered some time ago.

An EasyMesh router can be added as a satellite to an OneMesh main router by using the WPS method.
(Set the Archer AX12 to "Satellite" mode. Then press the WPS button of the Archer A6 V3 and within two minutes press the WPS button of the Archer AX12.)

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Connecting Onemesh (Archer A6 v3.0) to Easymesh (AX 12)
a week ago

@woozle 

Hi,

Thanks a lot for this!

I'll try it later, Also may i ask if this mesh system will still work when two of them is connected to the modem (wired)?

Like I'm planning to mesh my two router while two of them is connected through LAN cable, so that two of them will get full speed.

Thanks for your reply in advance!

Options

@ItsMeRimuru 

OneMesh does not support wired connections, it only works wirelessly. If you connect the two routers by cable, then either it will not work at all or the network will become erratic.

Recommended Solution
Options
a week ago

@woozle 

Thank you for that!

last question, i tried managing my AX12 byt clicking manage on my A6 onemesh but it said that "

Rejected request under RE mode." 

Any information on how i will manage my AX12 while its in mesh? thank you!

Options

@ItsMeRimuru 

Managing TP-Link routers while they are working as EasyMesh Satellite is not supported at present. The only exception is the Archer AX55 V1.

Edit: But even on the AX55 V1 that supports logging into its management webpage, there is actually not a lot that can be managed. So, you are not missing out on much. You can get a glimpse of the available menus in section 7 of this post here https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/682288 .

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 156

Replies: 5

Related Articles