TP-Link router connecting to Sagencom modem/router

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi, I have just purchased the Archer AXE75, and about to install.  The worry I have is that the isp TalkTalk end has a Sagencom modem/ router but does not have an option the turn off the Bridge (I think that's the terminology). I know I can turn off the WiFi and only plug the new tp-link router wan port into the Sagencom Ethernet port. No other Sagencom Ethernet ports to be used.  

I understand the issue is the 'double nat' problem.  Basically both routers wanting to be the 192.168.1.1 ip address.

I plan to set the WiFi ssid and password as in the old router and connect all the Ethernet devices into the Tp-link.

So, to keep my 50+ current devices the same, should I change the Sagencom router to be at 192.168.0.1 for example, and have the Tp-link as 192.168.1.1. If so, how do I get them linked?

Also, I have read things about port forwarding, is this something I need to do, if so what ports.  I do have cctv, so I suspect that's where this might be important.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP-Link router connecting to Sagencom modem/router-Solution

@terziyski  Thanks, all working new in router mode.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link router connecting to Sagencom modem/router
a week ago

@BinnyK 

You can do either what you've described or to avoid the double NAT you can set AXE75 in AP mode (Case 1).

Here's the difference between router mode and AP mode.

Either case the connection should be Sagemcom LAN port <=> AXE75 WAN port.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:TP-Link router connecting to Sagencom modem/router-Solution

@terziyski  Thanks, all working new in router mode.

Recommended Solution
Options