X50 AccessPoint mode

X50 AccessPoint mode
X50 AccessPoint mode
Tuesday - last edited Tuesday
Model: Deco X50 - PoE  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

Hi!

Tried a search about my issues, but could not find an answer.

I have just got myself 5 of these X50 POE Decos to replace some older Asus Mesh units (with external PoE adapters),

4 wired, 1 wireless. The Asus units have been runnig in access point mode.

I started by setting up the first 2 of my 5 Decos, and all worked OK (wired/PoE test setup on my desk).

But as soon as I did the switch to AP mode all started to mostly not work..

Have tried resetting and setting up again, both wired and wireless. Also tried to used the included PSUs instead of PoE

Even with only 1 Deco it becomes totaly unstable as soon as I switch to AP mode. Yellow led most of the time,

sometimes green and sometimes red as well. WiFi is down most of the time. Deco app say the units are unreachable. 

Is this a known issue with this 1.0.4 FW. Could I downgrade? Is there a new FW on its way?

Or could this be related to someting else? Have tried all of the new X50's. All experience the same 

and are very unstable when I do the switch to AP mode even with just single X50s..

Rgds.

Tore B. Bjoernsen

Options
3 Reply
Re:X50 AccessPoint mode
Wednesday

@ToreBB Welcome to the community.

It is suggested to install the latest beta firmware here for Deco X50-POE_V2 to see whether it helped or not:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/697580

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Wednesday

@David-TP 

Hi,

Thank you!

Did the 1.0.6 upgrade with the 2 units first (already on 1.0.4) Seems to work OK. 

Tried to connect a new one with "old" 1.0.4 FW, an d in AP mode, but that did not work out quite well.

So I ended up doing 1 unit at the time. First updated to 1.0.4 with the app, 

before manual update to 1.0.6 (maybe I could have skipped the 1.0.2 - 1.0.4 in the app?). 

Then connected them to the MESH setup now in router mode.

All Decos are now up and running with 1.0.6 and wireless connection / router mode.

Will later today change back to AP mode and place the units on their PoE connections

for ethernet backhaul. Wish me luck!

Rgds.

Tore B. B. 

Options
6 hours ago

@David-TP 

All went well. All units seems to be working. 

App tells me 2 units are offline but they are not. 

I invited myself (work account) to manage this Deco. So in my Deco app on my work iPhone all units are online.

Tried to pull out the PoE cat cable on one of the Decos that is online both places.  
But still shows as online... Strange. 

One more issue. All the iPads in our home now thinks they are in Japan now when I use the Find My app. Why?

-Tore BB

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 72

Replies: 3

Related Articles