BE85 (BE22000) MLO Issue with iPhone 16 pro (WiFi7) in Japan

BE85 (BE22000) MLO Issue with iPhone 16 pro (WiFi7) in Japan

28 Reply
Re:BE85 (BE22000) MLO Issue with iPhone 16 pro (WiFi7) in Japan
a week ago

@sk2140  @MalusPumila   @ZIN-G 

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have sent you the beta firmware via email, please check whether it can help with your issue and any feedback is welcome.

For other users who meet the same issue with but different Deco models, please also leave your firmware and hardware versions.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
a week ago

@Sunshine 

Thanks for the reply.
I have tried the firmware you provided.

I am using BE85 in Japan and my contracted line operator is NTT Docomo (docomo Hikari) and my ISP is GMO Internet.

The hardware version is “Deco BE85(US) Ver2.0” as shown on the sticker on the back of the device.

*I am not sure why it says (US) even though it was purchased in Japan, but there is an indication in accordance with Japanese laws and regulations, and the package was written in Japanese.

It works without any major problems and I am able to connect to the internet normally.

There is a theory that the issue of not knowing if MLO is functioning properly is an iOS issue, so we will see how it goes for a while.
*It seems to be working correctly with other WiFi7 compatible devices I have.

There were two points of concern.

1. I purchased the BE85 from Amazon Japan, and after applying the firmware you provided, the VPN function disappeared from the app.

However, I am using IPv4 Over IPv6 (V6 Plus) in Japan, so according to the description on the official Japanese website, it may be correct that the VPN function is not available.

2. The official firmware version for Japan seems to have stopped being offered at V2_1.0.14.
At the time of my purchase, it was V2_1.0.15. The application was not working properly, so I contacted support and they provided me with V2_1.0.17.
Is there any way to revert from the firmware provided by email to the official version firmware?

I tried to upload V2_1.0.17 from the WebUI, but it failed due to version mismatch.
If I have to wait until the official version has a newer version number than the beta version, it seems daunting in light of the firmware release status in Japan...

*Translated from Japanese to English using DeepL translation.

Options
a week ago

@Sunshine 

Hello,

I'm sorry for posting something similar.

I am also using be85 in Japan and had the same issue today.

Would you be willing to provide me with a beta version of the firmware like you have provided others?

If I notice anything about the beta version of the firmware I will give you feedback.

Options
Saturday

@Sunshine Could you please provide the beta firmware for me as well? I am not in Japan but I'm using Deco BE85 units that I bought while I was there.

My devices are all BE85 (US) Ver: 2.0

I was on 1.0.21 Build 20240816 Rel. 20863 from the US website but I see that some of those downloads have been pulled.

Thanks.

Options
Sunday

@Sunshine

I tried updating the beta firmware.
It works just fine.
Thank you for your quick response.

Options
Monday

@David-TP 

I've just started using BE85 a few days ago and instantly realized I have the same issue.  I would appreciate it if you could send the beta firmware to me.

Options
Monday

Hi @MalusPumila,

May I confirm why do you want to revert from the firmware provided by email to the official version firmware?

The beta firmware that I sent to you is a beta firmware for the auto reboot issue when iPhone 16 devices connect to MLO network. Does the issue still exist after you update the firmware?

And as for the issue you mentioned about the VPN option disappearing after upgrading to the beta firmware, I will verify this with our engineers and then get back to you.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Monday

@ernn_laties 

Hello,

I have sent you the beta firmware via Email, please check.

Options
Tuesday

@MalusPumila 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Do you mean the "VPN Server/Client" features no longer exist on the 1.1.1 beta?

---It is not supposed to happen. Deco BE85 supports VPN server/Client out of the factory firmware version regardless of the IPV4/IPV6 internet connection types.

Can I have a screenshot of the features list under Deco APP>More>Advanced?

Please also refer to this link to help me submit the APP log:How to submit Deco APP log

The 1.1.1 and 1.0.14/17 versions are crossing different firmware platforms which can't be downgraded directly via web UI. A firmware recovery is needed if we want to revert to the official 1.0.17. 

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Tuesday

@Byron045 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Did you experience a similar issue(Deco BE85 random restart) when you were on 1.0.21?

---The official 1.0.21(EU/US) version has added the beta fix. Generally, the current issue is not supposed to occur in version 1.0.21.

All the previous feedback(in Japan) is on 1.0.15 which is quite an older version.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options