Internet connection regularly drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-11-14 17:35:13
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8960N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version : Latest

ISP : Demon

My modem/router is regularly disconnecting from the Internet. This happens every 15 to 20 minutes now. The ADSL light still stays on but the internet connection has stopped. On my old modem/router it would automatically reconnect to the internet if the conenction dropped. However on this one it stays disconnected and I can only reconnect again by swicthing the modem off and on.

I have the latest firmware installed. I have also tried manually setting the IP/DNS addresses and also using the dynamic settings but still get the same problem. My old Zyxel modem/router works fine so I know its not a problem with the line or the ISP. Anyone have any ideas or should I report this directly to TP-Link? Must admit I am very dissapointed with the product doing this. I can see now why TP-Link products are cheaper than similar ones on the market
Options
3 Reply
Re:Internet connection regularly drops
2013-11-15 10:05:47
How long does you use 8960 until the problem occurs?
Reset the router,check if it will be ok.
I guess there must be something wrong with your router,normally,8960 will works fine.
Options
2013-11-15 20:29:12
I have the same problem with a W8980. I sent the first one back and now this one is the same. Support just told me to wait for the next update!! I think they should give me my money back until the have a fit for purpose product. Why do they think I am a hardware tester.
Options
2013-11-22 00:55:55
This is happening to me but not that reguarly, it only happens to me maybe once a day. Im not sure if it is a Router problem or my line. My line was damaged recently, but also fixed a few days after, but since then I got this new MODEM and have not tested my old ASUS which worked fine before.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 507

Replies: 3

Related Articles