TP AV500 Powerline units and AV500 Wifi Extender HELP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-02-10 03:39:31
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have recently purchase a TP-Link AV500 500 Mbps Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit which I have got working really well delivering good BT Infinity speed to my AV setup,
I also yesterday purchased a AV500 Wifi Powerline Extender. But this is where I need advice.I have a coupke of questions Im hoping you expert chaps can answer,

1. Can I use BOTH my standard AV500 powerline units AND the powerline wifi extender at the same time and all on the same POWERLINE network, I can get all three untis to have their POWERLINE connected lights lit.....so does this mean ALL three are connected to the network ?

2. As I have said the Powerline network "seems" to be connected, SO to BOOST my WIFI coverage, ie plugging the Wifi Powerline Extender in upstairs, and making sure its PAIRED with the other two, DO I ALSO NEED TO CLONE MY ROUTER's WPS signal by using the CLONE feature. So that the powerline network will carry my internet signal to the EXTENDER, then the extender will push out a good WIFI signal
Options
3 Reply
Re:TP AV500 Powerline units and AV500 Wifi Extender HELP
2015-02-10 15:43:04
1. Can I use BOTH my standard AV500 powerline units AND the powerline wifi extender at the same time and all on the same POWERLINE network, I can get all three untis to have their POWERLINE connected lights lit.....so does this mean ALL three are connected to the network ?

Yes, you can. And you powerline devices should be able to communicate with each other as powerline lights are on on all of them.

2. As I have said the Powerline network "seems" to be connected, SO to BOOST my WIFI coverage, ie plugging the Wifi Powerline Extender in upstairs, and making sure its PAIRED with the other two, DO I ALSO NEED TO CLONE MY ROUTER's WPS signal by using the CLONE feature. So that the powerline network will carry my internet signal to the EXTENDER, then the extender will push out a good WIFI signal

If you want to use the same Wi-Fi name and password on the extender, you can use clone feature or login web interface of it via its utility to change those settings.
Options
2015-02-12 07:42:26
Great info, everything is working FINE now, EXCEPT the google Chromecast in the upstairs TV, does the Wifi extender have issues with Chromecast.....it worked perfectly until we installed this extender.
Options
2015-02-13 14:34:20
Are you using the same Wi-Fi name and password as root router for the extender?
Describe the issue with Chromecast in details. Did you try to reinstall it?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1366

Replies: 3

Related Articles