UNUNIFIED vs CLONE SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

UNUNIFIED vs CLONE SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
UNUNIFIED vs CLONE SSID
UNUNIFIED vs CLONE SSID
2015-04-20 08:11:47
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I have several TP-LINK Powerline configurated at my house, and some of them wireless, like WPA281 and WPA2220

My actual configuration is an UNUNIFIED Network, this means, each Powerline device has its own SSID. As a result of this, we have 4 “SSID Networks” at my house. This kind of configuration, in my opinion, has PRO and CONS. The cons, you know, I must connect to different networks inside the house depending where I'm, the PRO: I have visibility in which Network (in consequence in which Powerline device) I’m connected at all times.

As we know, Powerline has the capability to clone SSID at one-button-touch and voilà, the repeater (Powerline) copy the SSID/password from router. Again, the PRO and CONS are the opposite to my actual configuration (unique Network, but I don’t know in which device I’m connected in specific time (I presume this, if I'm wrong, please let me know)

The questions are:

[*]Am I right with my reasoning ?

[*] Exist another consideration (mainly networking performance) to be born in mind when choosing one method or the other one ?

I appreciate if somebody can help me!

Best Regards

Options
2 Reply
Re:UNUNIFIED vs CLONE SSID
2015-04-23 14:29:00
No problem with your understanding.
Most people prefer to use same SSID and password as the main router.
Options
Re:UNUNIFIED vs CLONE SSID
2015-04-24 03:33:17

Tony Seaford wrote

No problem with your understanding.
Most people prefer to use same SSID and password as the main router.

Thanks Tony! I agree with you. I would like to know if there is a performance reason to choose clone SSID method or the unUnified one.

Kind Regards!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 692

Replies: 2