TP-PA4020 Powerline Kills wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-01-29 07:54:20
Model : PA4020 - Kit

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi guys,

I have a Sky Hub router, which I have been running many wireless devices from no problem. However I now need a faster connection for my iMac upstairs (router is downstairs). I plug up one of these powerline adapters 3 feet from the router, and the other one upstairs near iMac, connect the ethernet cables either end and they seem to pair and find each other no problem!

However as soon as they are plugged into router all wifi devices no longer work. They all see full strength signal however none of them can actually access any webpages. Same goes for the iMAC now connected via ethernet from the TP link box, It will show as connected via ethernet however no access to websites.

Does anyone have any idea's whats happening? I called tech support but it was just a waste of time.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 161

Replies: 0