TL-PA9020P Intermittent Disconnect Issues.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-PA9020P Intermittent Disconnect Issues.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
24 Reply
Re:TL-PA9020P Intermittent Disconnect Issues.
2017-08-08 16:31:10

webwude wrote

I use the tool / utility: when I try to update I get the information after a while that the update was not successful. That's all.
Support is already informed - we are in continuous discussion.

The issue:
I have all in all seven adapter at the moment:

2x PA8010P - connected to my LTE Router (internet access and DHCP); connected to my NAS
1x WPA8630P - WiFi in the living room
2x PA7010 - connected to a VoIP telephone; connected to a printer
2x PA9020 - connected to a TV; connected to a TV

The problem begins when I connect the seventh device to the network - with six adapters it works quite well. When the seventh joins the network (tested with a 7020 and a 9020) the whole network breaks down or restarts and afterwards the two 9020 are not visible in the utility nor a connection of both TV sets is possible any longer.
The network just consists of four or five devices until I disconnect the seventh one. Then after a few minutes the two 9020 or the one joins again.
According to the list from TP Link at least 8 devices should be possible - but this is at least not the fact with my combination.

Today they request to get all firmware versions of all devices - let's see.

any progress after firmware update?how do you tell the whole network restart? any change for the lights status?
You may take 8010p as the seventh one to do a test.
Options
2017-08-09 01:10:53

jlaay wrote

Hi The Vogon,

Could you let us know how stable the beta, BCM60500_v3.2.4b_20170601_EU_PA9020Pv1.0.ggl, is?
Has TP-Link released an solved issues list for this beta?
Status beta to real release?

Thanks Jaap

It's the most stable version I have used so far. I have not noticed any issues since installing it.

TP-Link have released no information afaik bar stating that this version is released to address disconnection issues.
Options
2017-08-16 05:46:40
Many thanks for your patience on this!

Do you know if they have a UK variant for the firmware? or if there is a difference with the EU to use in the UK?
Options
2017-08-17 00:14:22

Marky161 wrote

Many thanks for your patience on this!

Do you know if they have a UK variant for the firmware? or if there is a difference with the EU to use in the UK?

They issued this to me knowing I was a UK user.

There are likely no significant differences in the firmware. The main regional setting is to "notch" filter the output so it doesn't interfere with the 2 Meter amateur radio band too much, but that would apply to the EU also...
Options
Related Articles