Setting up VDSL2 modem to work like a Openreach modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-25 07:45:41
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello

I am currently trying to replace my sky ER110 modem/router with a seperate Linksys WRT1900AC2 router and TP-Link WD9970 VDSL2 modem.

What I am trying to do is bridge my connection from the TP-Link VDSL2 modem to my Linksys WRT1900AC2 router. Because Sky has strict terms and conditions they dont allow customers to use third party
routers. However there is a long complicated set-up that can be achieved on DD-WRT routers in the form of using DHCP option61 that essentially sends a username and password to establish an authorized connection.

This username and password sent over the client ID (DHCP Option61) is pre-coded into every Sky modem/router and can be easily extracted using a packet sniffer e.g. wireshark.

As I am having problems with my DD-WRT router I want to ensure that my VDSL2 modem is set-up correctly so that I dont have keep worrying about it being set-up incorrectly. I simply want my VDSL2 modem to behave very much like an FTTC Openreach VDSL2 modem, but I am unsure that my TP-Link modem is functioning the same. All in all the modem should be receiving the connection from the wall and pushing it thought to my DD-WRT router where a WAN connection can be established.

This is the guide I followed to put the router into modem only mode: http://uk.tp-link.com/faq-1332.html

If it helps this is a link to an emulated GUI of my TP-Link modem/router: http://static.tp-link.com/resources/simulator/W9970V1_Emulator/index.htm
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 507

Replies: 0