TL-PA4020PKIT - Can't use both ethernet ports at the same time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-26 04:24:04
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all, Just got these powerline adapters and they are driving me crazy. As soon as I connect two devices to my router (through the powerline adapter), both ports flash rapidly in sync and the router reboots itself after a little time. If I use one port at a time, I can do this without issues on each port. So they are both definitely working, just not when I try two devices at once.Even if a device is not connected on port one of powerline adapter two, if I plug port one of adapter one into the router and the other port is in use, it still happens. Please can anybody advise? Cheers
Options
7 Reply
Re:TL-PA4020PKIT - Can't use both ethernet ports at the same time
2017-01-26 16:24:12
Are you connecting two cables from the router or just one?
Options
2017-01-27 19:55:29
Two. Although with them both connected it seems to screw up the router.At present I've only just one device going from the powerline to the router until I can work out what's going on. I have a Sky Router. I'm not sure if that may be or at least be contributing to the problem.
Options
2020-11-24 10:57:11

I'm about to purchase this kit, but seeing the problem you have, I'm going to make sure your problem is sorted out first.

I have two inverters (Solar Power), and need to send the signal through my router to the inverter manufacturers site; of course both must be sending data at the same time. If I can't do that, then this TL-PA4020PKIT is not what I need. 

My other question regardless of this problem is if I also need tho connect the two Ethernet outlets on the receiver unit connected to the router or just one is fine??

Sorry I haven't been of much help at the moment, but if I find out I will be back with the answer.

Best regards and good luck

Options
2020-11-27 06:24:07

@SpanishFlyer 

Hi,

You could use both Ethernet ports on the receiver(the one not connected to the router).

And for the master adapter connected to the home router, only one needs to be connected to the router, the rest one could also be used for other Ethernet connection.

If there is any misunderstanding, please feel free to post it here.

Thanks a lot!

Options
2021-09-16 03:12:04 - last edited 2021-09-16 03:13:27

@TP-Link I have this exact kit, and am unable to use two Ethernet ports at once.

One works, I'm currently writing from this connection: Modem > Router port 1 > PLC1 > PLC2 > PC.
All is fine and dandy, but when plugging in a second Ethernet cable (router port 2 to second ethernet port on the AV600 device), the whole network instantly dies. Can't connect to router (192.168.0.1) which doesn't transmit data anymore, and the AV600 Devices disappear from  tpPLC utility software.

Windows troubleshoot informs that it couldn't assign an IP address, and I couldn't find a newer firmware on the site.

I specifically got the 2-port variant for getting internet to two different devices, hoping there's something I'm missing. Any help?

Regards,

Rob

Options
2021-10-03 14:56:24

@PapaRob ,

I have exact SAME problem, BUT even with newer WPA4220, i want to do Link Aggregation via WPA4220 with BOTH ETH Ports on C3150 Router! sad

I have big House SO my setup is little bit "complex" with 3x PA, 4x Router, 1x SW like this! cool

2. Floor INET <=> Modem <=> AX73 Router <=> PA4010 <=> 1. Floor 

2. Floor Terrace C6 Router WDS <=> C7 Router, i needs to keep SAME Wifi for IoT Devices on 2. Floor

1. Floor PA4010 <=> C7 Router <=> WPA4220 <=> C3150 Router <=> TP-Link SW

Everything is working fine, until i connect 2. ETH Ports from WPA4220?!

@TP-Link Please could You explain what is the exact problem here? WPA4220 LAN Ports have SAME MAC addresses OR what?

THX & BR

Kali

Options
2021-10-21 10:08:02

Hello@Kali777, we can't set up a Link Aggregation on a Powerline unit,  that could cause a network storm. 

In your scenario, please do not connect to routers(APs) to WPA4220 together. 

1. Floor PA4010 <=> C7 Router < Disconnect this connection > WPA4220 <=> C3150 Router <=> TP-Link SW

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3341

Replies: 7

Related Articles