Virgin Superhub 4.00 issues with AV600 TL-WPA4220-KIT Powerline Adaptors

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-05 11:42:58
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 190326

Hi I have recently upgraded to a Virgin Hub 4 (for free - courtesy of Virgin) from a Virgin Hub 3. 

I use a  TL-WPA4220(EU)_V4 model to have ethernet running to a laptop far from the router and with the Virgin Hub 3 this worked seamlessly. The adaptor is running the latest firmware 190326 (came installed with this from new).

Now with the Hub 4 it worked for around 20 mins, after which it drops out. If I reset the Hub 4 and the powerline adaptors (by unplugging), I sometimes get a signal back again but this is not guaranteed.

I am not so clued up when it comes to DHCP, IP, and subnet masks but I see a thread which might have something to do with it, I don't really understand what I need to do though https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/110892

It seems as though this is a common issue being reported on the Virgin website. Virgin themselves will not support or warrant use of any powerline or wifi repeaters other than their own which they charge an additional monthly fee for. 

I wonder if the Hub 4 if intelligent in detecting a non-Virgin powerline adaptor. When I log into the router through 192.168... I can sometimes see the pair of powerline adaptors in the connections list, sometimes not. 

Incidentally the wifi range on the Hub 4 is superior to the Hub 3 so I almost don't need the powerline adaptor now, but ethernet is far more consistent for work than wifi so would prefer a wired connection to this machine where possible.

For reference all ethernet connections on the Virgin Hub 4 work fine to sky box and consoles etc. 

I do not know if this is an issue with the TP-link hardware or the Virgin Hub 4 router.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Virgin Superhub 4.00 issues with AV600 TL-WPA4220-KIT Powerline Adaptors
2020-11-11 01:09:59

@Virgin_user 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Both the Ethernet connection and the wireless connection would drop out, right?

Have you noticed that the power-line, or Ethernet light would turn off sometimes?

If possible, please try to help me check the IP address and default gateway on the computer so that we could tell if it is caused by the DHCP;

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1696

Replies: 1

Related Articles