Deco M4 Wired Backhaul - weird problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-29 12:08:55
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3

Hi,

I've got 5 Deco M4s, all in AP mode as using ISP router. I've been with Sky in the UK and Wired Backhaul has been fine. I've since changed to Virgin so have a new router and now Wired Backhaul is not working, it keeps showing WiFi is being used. WiFi is disabled on the ISP routers.

What's weird is I have seen on the Forums that the Virgin router does not support IEEE 1905.1. But the only thing plugged into the router is a TP-Link switch, to which the Deco's are connected, either directly or via other TP-Link switches.

I don't understand why or how it's not working with the Virgin router in play because the Deco's shouldn't care in my layout. If I switch back to the Sky router, Wired Backhaul is fine again - I am not changing where anything else is connected - literally just swapping between ISP routers. The main Deco is directly connected to the "main" switch.

Thanks for any help provided :)

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M4 Wired Backhaul - weird problem
2020-12-30 02:57:30

@ldoodle 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your detailed information.

We would like to follow up on your case by email and please have a check of your email box.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information:

1.What is the model number of your Virgin router?

2.How about the model number of your TP-Link switch as well?

3. All 4 satellite Decos failed to create the Ethernet backhaul or just several of them?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2020-12-30 15:03:03

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I'll check for your email but for now:

Virgin Superhub 3

TP-Link T1600G-18TS is the main switch connected to the router

TP-Link SG108E are the breakout switches connected to the main switch

As I say, it's really wierd that everything works with the Sky router in place, but not with the Virgin. As the Deco's are plugged in to switches the Virgin firmware blocking 1905.1 shouldn't be causing this issue!

Options
2021-07-31 20:58:54
Did you get a solution for this problem?
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 885

Replies: 3

Related Articles