Network issues with Archer AX1500

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-25 17:07:19 - last edited 2021-01-25 17:08:35
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I have a fairly new AX1500. Most of the time it works just great. BUT, I have a few spots in my house where the coverage is bad. I don't find this normal. For instance, in my kitchen next to the toaster... it is aprox 5-8 meters away from the AX1500, but the AX1500 is on another floor. It is a wooden house, so no thick walls. In this area I find it hard to connect to the AX1500, I can see the network but get the message "cannot connect to network" when I try.

• Is there a secret way to point the 4 antennas to increase reach?
  • The AX1500 is located in a "computer closet", could any other disturb the AX1500
  • Or could the AX1500 be damaged...?

I use an iphone X.

Any other advice?

Please help me out

Options
1 Reply
Re:Network issues with Archer AX1500
2021-01-27 12:32:08

@Avskedsfest 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

Firstly, please ensure you are running the latest firmware on the AX1500, you may hit the Check for updates on its web interface to confirm, or you can download from the official website:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-ax1500/#Firmware

If the firmware upgrade doesn't help, try to run a Wi-Fi analyzer to verify which 5G channel is clearer, then try the channel, you can also change channel width to 80MHz, change security to WPA/WPA2-Personal, WPA2-PSK/AES, then reboot it and confirm.

As for the antenna or router location, you may check this tips:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/blog/87/6-tips-on-where-to-place-your-wireless-router-for-the-best-signal-coverage/

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 777

Replies: 1

Related Articles