cant change the decos to access mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-23 06:02:14 - last edited 2023-07-07 09:31:11
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5

I have the x20 which is working great in router mode.  I have decided to change it to access mode so the router does not all the work and one less hop.

But on the app, when i go to advanced-->operation i cannot select access mode.  Its like its greyed out.

is there some other setting that is preventing this?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:cant change the decos to access mode-Solution
2021-04-23 06:53:58 - last edited 2022-04-28 03:19:11

@Appan_P Thank you very much for your feedback.

And for other users who have trouble to change the operation mode, please refer to the following suggestions:

Scenario 1:When trying to change the operation mode from Router to Access Point, or vice versa, the option is grey-out

Possible reason: You are very likely to manage the Deco network remotely via an outside network, like mobile data.

Troubleshooting suggestions:

1. Please make sure your Deco APP is up to date.

2. Please confirm your smartphone is connected to the Deco Wi-Fi network: Try to disable the Wi-Fi, then enable it again on the phone.

3. Make sure there is no VPN connection on the phone.

4. Force stop the Deco app, restart the phone, re-launch the Deco app, and check again whether you can change the working mode.

5. If the issue still existed, please go to Deco APP and send us the APP log.

Scenario 2: When trying to change the operation mode, Deco APP shows a blank page

Available Solution:

1. Please download the beta App from TestFlight: beta App 2.12.12

How to use TestFlight to install Beta APP on IOS

2. If the operation mode page is still blank, please go to Deco APP and submit the APP log. 

3. After submitting the APP log, Please try to uninstall the original App, and install the App from the App store again.

How to send feedback via Deco APP:

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:cant change the decos to access mode-Solution
2021-04-23 06:53:58 - last edited 2022-04-28 03:19:11

@Appan_P Thank you very much for your feedback.

And for other users who have trouble to change the operation mode, please refer to the following suggestions:

Scenario 1:When trying to change the operation mode from Router to Access Point, or vice versa, the option is grey-out

Possible reason: You are very likely to manage the Deco network remotely via an outside network, like mobile data.

Troubleshooting suggestions:

1. Please make sure your Deco APP is up to date.

2. Please confirm your smartphone is connected to the Deco Wi-Fi network: Try to disable the Wi-Fi, then enable it again on the phone.

3. Make sure there is no VPN connection on the phone.

4. Force stop the Deco app, restart the phone, re-launch the Deco app, and check again whether you can change the working mode.

5. If the issue still existed, please go to Deco APP and send us the APP log.

Scenario 2: When trying to change the operation mode, Deco APP shows a blank page

Available Solution:

1. Please download the beta App from TestFlight: beta App 2.12.12

How to use TestFlight to install Beta APP on IOS

2. If the operation mode page is still blank, please go to Deco APP and submit the APP log. 

3. After submitting the APP log, Please try to uninstall the original App, and install the App from the App store again.

How to send feedback via Deco APP:

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:cant change the decos to access mode
2021-04-23 09:23:43
ok, maybe this is because I am doing this remotly. i will connect to the deco wireless and try again pretty soon. I am using a android phone.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2990

Replies: 2

Related Articles