Slow browsing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow browsing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Slow browsing
Slow browsing
2022-12-27 15:25:07
Model: Deco X50 - PoE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.01Build 20220902 Rel. 58645

I have the X50 POE connected in my house via access mode and although the coverage is excellent and the speed test showing results as it should web browsing seems to be a major issue with most websites only loading partially. I am required on most occasions to turn on mobile data for the page to complete loading.

• I have CAT 6 cable to all Deco units.
  • All Deco units powered by TPlink TL-SG10005P
  • All ports going to units have been tested by connecting a laptop directly to the port.
  • All Deco units are away from obstructions.
  • The main router's WiFi has been disabled to stop any interference.
  • I have tested the issue by enabling and connecting to the main routers Wifi and web pages are loading fast.
  • Restarted all Deco units.
  • Restarted (Virgin Media Hub 3) router.

I am not happy with the product and I am hoping someone can help.

Kind Regards,

Suhel

File:
IMG_1174.PNGDownload
Options
4 Reply
Re:Slow browsing
2022-12-28 03:33:20

@suhel_a 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance. Please check whether you could get an email from me later.

At the same time, please refer to the following suggestions to see whether they could help improve the situation:

1. Please temporarily turn off "Fast Roaming" and "Beamforming" on the Deco APP>More>Advanced.

2. Please turn off "Mesh Technology" for the devices on the Deco APP.

By the way, did most of the clients have the same issue when they are the WiFi of Deco?

Thank you again.

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-28 13:19:25

@David-TP 

Thank you for the prompt reply.

1. Fast Roaming" and "Beamforming has been disabled.
  2. Mesh Technology has been disabled on the devices.
  3. Only Devices on the Deco WiFi are experiencing issues (tested iPhone and iPads and the latest iOS). Tested on my old BT Disc and routers WiFi and experienced no issues.

I have tested with the suggested settings and I am still experiencing the issue however I have found that if I disable the WiFi and reconnect to the WiFi it works until i connect to another unit. I hope this helps!

It is rather frustrating having spent a lot of money on this mesh solution and the very basic operation is not working.

Kind Regards,

Suhel

Options
2022-12-29 07:34:16

@suhel_a 

Hi, Thanks for the update. I am not sure what might be the problem so far but the case has been forwarded to the senior engineers, hope they could help us locate the problem as soon as possible.

Best regards.

Options
2023-01-03 20:11:58 - last edited 2023-01-03 20:13:13

@suhel_a I was reading your post and this is just a shot in the dark but could it be possible that the X50s are exceeding the power capacity of the POE switch?  According to the X50 description, they feature 802.3at and comes wtih a 12v 1.5A power supply in the box (18w).  Regarding the POE capacity of the switch, according to TP-Link, the maximum output of each port on the TL-SG1005P is 15W with a total output of 56 watts.  According to the specifications of the TL-SG1005P, "when total power consumption excels 56W, the intelligent power management will cut the lower priority port power off to ensure the high priority port’s power supply and protect the device from power overload operation."  Is it possible that the. POE switch is cutting power to one or more of the X50 POE devices to protect against overload at seemingly random times?  

Deco X50-PoE | AX3000 Whole Home Mesh WiFi 6 System with PoE | TP-Link

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 736

Replies: 4

Related Articles