Deco M5 limitations + upgrade ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-19 09:47:08
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.5

Hi,

I've git a mesh network composed of 3 Deco M5. 

The monthly repport in the Deco app says that I've got between 20 to 30 devices connected in my network. A lot of them are IOT devices, smart doorbell, smart appliences etc.

Each individual Deco has ~10-13 devices connected.

I'm currently experiencing a lot of network interruptions where some devices are connected but then they just loose connection for no reason. I'm seeing this with my smart tv or apple homepods or even macbooks. After a few seconds or a disconnect and reconnect, everything goes back to normal.

I'm starting to think that maybe my Deco M5's can't handle that many devices. I can't really find how many devices they can actually support with no interruptions.

Can you please help me with some suggestions regarding how may I upgrade my network ?

Could I maybe replace my main deco with a different Deco device ? I wouldn't really want to replace all my deco's because it took a while to configure all devices to work together.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 limitations + upgrade ?
2023-04-20 06:02:50

@mmdumi 

Welcome to the community.

I think a 3*pack Deco should be enough for 30 mobile clients.

It is suggested to refer to this link to edit the settings on the Deco APP:

Fix unstable connection when connected to the Deco network (Case 3)

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 277

Replies: 1

Related Articles