Parental Controls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Parental Controls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Parental Controls
Parental Controls
2023-10-04 13:45:43
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20230601 Rel. 37750

Hi,

I wanted to make use of the parental controls function so i upgraded to Advanced Parental Controls, now once i upgraded i thought i would've got a more granuler feel but i didn't the usage wasn't any different than when i was using the basic functions.

I created a profile for my 14 year old set the categories i wanted to restrict, but i couldn't expand the categories it was either ticked or unticked which wasn't really any use at all as there would be certain things that possibly fall under different categories that i wanted to allow but others block.

So my opinion of this feature was poor, is there anyway i can get a more granular feel to the APC so i can control more with the app or is it what i see now is what i can use?

Thanks

Owen

Options
3 Reply
Re:Parental Controls
2023-10-06 02:45:03

@Ozzo76 I have had the same experience. I subscribed to both Homeshield and the Advanced Parental Controls and I don't see that either have given me any tools whatsoever.

Options
2023-10-09 10:04:20
Thanks so not only me having the same experience.
Options
2023-10-17 02:57:20

@Ozzo76 

@BunnyBunny 

Hi, Here is an introduction to the HomeSheild Service. It has listed some differences between Free basic features and Advanced Parental Control subscriptions.

TP-link HomeShield Service Update

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 450

Replies: 3

Related Articles