Wifi Completely UNSTABLE on DECO BE85

Wifi Completely UNSTABLE on DECO BE85

22 Reply
Re:Wifi Completely UNSTABLE on DECO BE85
2024-01-22 03:18:14

@olehmann92 

Hi Olehmann92,

Honestly, yes and no.

Yes, it is much stabler, I only found several times the wifi signal dimishes on my iphone(only iphone) then wait for several seconds it came back. Not sure if it is due to my iphone moving from room to room. My iphone was old model, did not support 6ghz. My network on computers and apple tv did not crash any more, but I have not tested macos system upgrading, since there is no new version.

And No, the speed on my iphone sometimes is not as good as my SIM 5G network. 

And I did not make the IoT network alive yet. 

I suggest you buy orbi still.

DannyHHK

Options
2024-01-30 07:01:46

@olehmann92 I have exactly the same problem. It is a big disappointment.  My previous Deco X90 is very stable with a strong signal. I tried everything as you describe and the problem persists. I will replace these  new expensive units with the older deco  X90

Options
2024-01-30 07:10:45
Hi there, thanks for the reply, but I have updated to the new version 1.0.14 Build 20231124 Rel. 32537 some days ago but unfortunately the problem persists
Options
2024-07-23 11:19:58
I have the same issue as you do. The WIFI signal just disappears from the mobile devices at home on 6Ghz. And it's not change of rooms because I've lost the signal even stopped in the same location for hours. Running 1.0.18
Options
2024-07-26 01:00:37

@olehmann92 

just to give you an update. I have 4 be85, two in basement where my internet come from and one for each of the other two floor. Total sqft of the house 4000 sqf. The connection cuts all the time when i m walking around the house.

Every node is link with wifi (no cables).

I ve call tp link support and they can t do anything.

pretty bad and very expensive.

Options
2024-07-30 09:00:56

sud0 wrote

I have the same issue as you do. The WIFI signal just disappears from the mobile devices at home on 6Ghz. And it's not change of rooms because I've lost the signal even stopped in the same location for hours. Running 1.0.18

Also worth checking this Reddit post out: https://www.reddit.com/r/TpLink/comments/15eo29e/ive_been_using_the_tplink_deco_be85_wifi_7_mesh/?sort=new

> Enabling the separate IoT network and main WiFi network at the same time causes major instability. My Decos would reboot/go offline every single day after trying to have 2 separate WiFi networks turned on at the same time. Only after going back to 1 WiFi network did the issue stop.

After disabling the separate IoT network, I can see improvements. But the issue still happens every now and then. Also a reminder that in my case, I'm in the same place, I do not move and I lost signal too.

Options
2024-08-01 09:12:56 - last edited 2024-08-01 09:17:25

Further to my last post, disabling the IoT network did not help.

My current setup:

- 2x BE85

- Single level house

- One of the routers is below my desk on the floor, so pretty close for good and reliable connection (so I thought)

What I've done so far:

- Followed the instructions on https://www.tp-link.com/app/deco/support-center/faq-menu/?faqCategoryId=1021&getResult=1&app=deco

- Disabled the separate IoT network

- Removed all the clients and only left my laptop and mobile phone connected

- Routers are up-to-date

- Disabled the Guest Network to test

- Ran "Network Optimization" in the app several times

- QOS is disabled

- Current firmware is: 1.0.18

You can see below the issue is happening with the 6 Ghz network. I did not test with the 5 Ghz one.

The light on both routers was green.

Once I was able to connect to the WIFI after a couple of minutes, I was able to open the Deco app and saw this:

I don't know what else I can do to troubleshoot this. It's becoming a real problem for me, can't work properly.

Options
2024-08-06 07:30:10

@sud0 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Can I have the model numbers of your 6GHz mobile devices?

By the way, how many online clients are connected to Deco Mesh in total? Would there be a lot of smart IOT devices?

If you would like to further cooperate with us, I will escalate your case to the engineer directly for further assistance.

Please check whether you could receive my email.

Best regards.

Options
2024-08-06 07:44:03

@JF2000 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Did the WiFi connection only drop out during the roaming process?

Can I have the model number of the devices that are frequently cut off when walking around the house?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-08-06 09:48:41 - last edited 2024-08-06 12:01:27

David-TP wrote

@sud0 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Can I have the model numbers of your 6GHz mobile devices?

By the way, how many online clients are connected to Deco Mesh in total? Would there be a lot of smart IOT devices?

If you would like to further cooperate with us, I will escalate your case to the engineer directly for further assistance.

Please check whether you could receive my email.

Best regards.

@David-TP Hi! I'm happy to help.

The only device that was connected to the 6Ghz netwok was my laptop (Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz
) and mobile phone (S24 Ultra).

The main BE85 router is located underneath my office desk, on the ground. The devices that grt disconnected (laptop and mobile phone) are usually on the desk.

I have usually around 12-15 devices connected in total. But now because I deactivated the IoT network to do some tests, have around 6.

Yes, please. I'd be happy to help in whatever way I can. I'll reply the email too.

BTW - I've disabled the IoT and 6Gh networks and been using the MLO network. Things look better! No disconnection since 2 days ago. That being said, it's not a solution so let me know how I can help.

Options
Related Articles