Security Issue and Internet Disconnection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-12 19:10:19 - last edited 2024-03-12 19:13:34
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.13.2 Build 230824 Rel.75032n(4555)

I recently acquired an Archer C6, i installed it 3 days ago. I set it up as a access point connected to my TALKTALK Router.

There was a notification say New Login Detected on the 3/03/24......... picture below. Seems weird as the message was dated before i installed the Arcger C6? Any ideas why i got this, I checked the IP which was owned by TALTALK, i'm no where near the location.

2/ Sunday morning I couldn't access the internet via the Archer C6 although I could see the Archer C6 on the Tether iPhone App. I ended up rebooting the TALTALK router which fixed the no Internet problem, so far so good has been ok since. Any ideas why this happened, could TALTALK be blocking the Archer C6??

Thanks

I

Options
5 Reply
Re:Security Issue and Internet Disconnection
2024-03-12 22:59:14

@Nickrno77 

It's hard  to say why's that notification message. If you have any security concern just change your password.

Regarding the internet disconnect it might have been an issue with your main router which after resatart has been fixed.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-03-13 06:46:36

@Nickrno77 

Hi, for the security issues, please check if your main router and the AP system time are both correct.

Also check if you enabled 2FA on the Tether App: Introducing Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) on Tether App

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-03-13 14:10:53

@terziyski 

changing the password would mean I'd have to reset possibly 10 smart devices in my home, hopefully it won't come to that. Thank

Options
2024-03-13 14:15:48

@Sunshine 

yes the AP and the TALKTALK router date and time are correct, I since worked out I get the notification when I logon to the app using WiFi, if I use cellular I don't get any notification. I guess it's just a quirky thing ?

I do have 2FA turned on.

Thanks I'm not worried now.

Options
2024-03-13 14:24:21

@Nickrno77 

I didn't mean your wireless password but TP-Link ID password and/or Archer C6 admin password.

Since you have 2FA set up there's nothing to worry about.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 438

Replies: 5

Related Articles