Can't manage any more networks with Deco App

2024-04-29 08:45:54
Tags: #Mobile app

Hi,

I'm currently either an owner or a manager of 9 different Deco networks in different locations. Some are networks I own, others are networks I manage on behalf of my customers/clients. I can't seem to add anymore networks to my app. If someone adds me as a manager it doesn't appear on my app. Can this be rectified?

As a technician, many people rely on us to choose and install the best network option for them and there seems to be a lack of support for us to do this. I am now having to use the customers own phones to setup the networks which means they can't use their phones for upto 2 hours (depending on network size and configuration).

Is there a way to fix this without opening multiple accounts with multiple email addresses?

Thanks in advance!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't manage any more networks with Deco App
2024-04-30 04:44:00

@Decisive According to this support page (What’s the difference between an owner account and a manager account?), the owner can set "up to eight" manager accounts for a single Deco network.

While this doesn't confirm it, I think "9 networks overall" is the limit of one single TP-Link ID (email).

Also, I get where you're coming from, but customers shouldn't "rely" this much on technicians to set up & manage Deco networks.

The whole point of Deco app is that customers (or any of their family members) should have primary control of their respective networks.

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
Re:Can't manage any more networks with Deco App
2024-04-30 06:19:34

@Decisive 

Hi, I remember there isn't a limit to how many networks can be owned/managed by one TP-Link email ID.

For example, I checked the public email ID on my phone and there are 11 Deco Mesh networks. So I think it should be more than 9.

Options