help with 4G router

help with 4G router
help with 4G router
2024-08-01 20:25:35
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I am currently living in france, and as I had troubles with the internet in classic cable I thought about using a 4G router with a sim card as i have good internet in my phone. so i bought a second sim card, active it and put it in my TP-Link TL-MR6400 300 Mbps 4G Mobile Wi-Fi Router.

the thing is that the internet is awful, if i compare it with my sharing internet using my phone, it is literally like 25 times slower using the same sim card in the same apartment.

I do not understand what is my issue, might be a bandwith problem? (my phone has only max 4G it does not have 5G). so right now my router does not really useful... maybe changing the anthenas of the router? I dont know... the router shows 3 bars most of the time and sometimes 2 (when i test and compared the two it was at 3 bars). the sim cad is from the FREE company (actually from willMyphonework as it gives for all bandwidths:

2G network 900 and 1900MHz
3G 900 and 2100MHz
4G LTE band28-700, band3-1800 and band7-2600MHz

in the free page i only found information for the 4G which also mentionned 2600MHz

any help would be appreciated, if changing the anthena could improve savage the router i would prefere this approach, if not at least a recommendation of an unexpensive router that will work with this sim card would be appreciated, it should simply cover 2 rooms separated by a wall max 40m2 between the two (and in the middle of the two rooms, a toilet room which only has a toilet so pretty small). the router will be next to a window

Options
5 Reply
Re:help with 4G router
2024-08-02 06:45:03

@francota 

Hi,

I am afraid changing the antenna may not help with your case.

Have you also tested if the wired speed from the router is slow or not?

Please first try the following troubleshooting steps.

1) Go to Advanced -> Network -> Internet page and change Network Mode to "4G Only" especially when the router is working on 3G.

2) Try another available APN profile or create a new APN profile manually.

3) Change Wi-Fi channel and channel width on Advanced -> Wireless -> Wireless Settings page.

If all the advise above cannot help, please contact the local support team with the results with the troubleshooting steps.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-08-02 13:23:09

@francota 

That is because of Carrier Aggregation in your phone helps achieve better network speed.

Options
2024-08-03 18:34:37

@Sunshine 

hello,

I just realized that right now the data of the sim was used thats why the internet is SO slow, i will test next month the solutions you proposed (as it was significantly slower even before reaching the limit).

in any case, a small last question, the wifi signal, almost does not reach the second room, changing the anthena in this case will improve this, no? any recommendations? i see a lot of then over amazon and i dont have a lot of idea what I am looking for...

thanks in advance

Options
2024-08-03 18:35:27

@LenoLeno 

and is it possible to do this in the router?

Options
2024-08-08 09:44:03
No, it is a hardware issue
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 163

Replies: 5

Related Articles