Archer T2U won't connect unless driver reinstalled every time

2024-08-07 11:27:15
Model: Archer T2U  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have installed Archer T2U V3.0 on a Windows 10 PC using the last available driver 190315_Win

Windows was replacing the driver with its own after restarting. I have now stopped this happening using the system security settings.

BUT, after a restart, even though the TP-Link driver is correctly assigned in the properties it will only see and connect to networks if I run the Archer installer again and replace the existing (correct) driver!

After the fresh driver install the wifi adapter will work until the PC is restarted. After any restart I have to run the driver setup.exe all over again to get it working, even though the TP-Link driver is already correctly assigned in the device properties!

Please, any helpful suggestions?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer T2U won't connect unless driver reinstalled every time
2024-08-09 01:14:55

@AJMills 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

It is suggested to manually install the following driver here to see whether it helped or not:

Realtek Chipset Driver for Archer T2U(Nano/ Plus)/T3U(Nano/ Plus)/T4U(Plus)/T4UH/T9UH (Win7/Win10)

By the way, how long have you had the adapter?

Can you test this adapter on another Windows laptop to see whether the same issue is repeated?

Best regards.

Options
2024-08-09 09:16:19

@AJMills 

Hi David,

thank you very much for that. I will try it shortly.

The PC is not mine, so I will be going to look at it later today. There's a possibility that I can try on another PC somewhere but not immediately (I use Macs.)

Just to clarify, the chipset driver says "Archer T2U (Nano/Plus)" so does that mean the T2U and the T2U Nano and the T2U Plus (ie. that's 3 different models) or just the T2U Nano and T2U Plus? The model here is a T2U only, as far as I can see, also labeled on the box as an AC600 mini, but is not a Nano or Plus.

Tony

Options
2024-08-12 10:52:35

@AJMills 

Thank you for that.

Unfortunately, the Realtek chipset driver didn't work for the adapter. I manually installed the 64bit .inf file but after that the adapter couldn't see or join networks.

After a full reinstall of the Archer/TP-Link driver the adapter is now working again but only if the PC is not restarted. Rolling back the driver to the Archer did not get the adapter working. It only works after a full setup.exe install.

I checked in case Win10 was using the Vulnerable Drivers Blocklist to stop the drivers from running but this Win10 version does not have VDB. I already stopped Windows from updating the drivers by itself, because it was replacing it with a Microsoft one after a restart. Now it is not replacing the driver after restart, but it still doesn't work, which is why I thought that maybe it was blocking it instead.

It's very frustrating. I have attached a picture of the machine and Win10 spec, in case this gives any more clues to perhaps another different driver instead.

Best wishes,

Anthony

File:
Win10 spec.jpgDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 176

Replies: 3

Related Articles