How to disable Parental controls on AX90

2024-08-16 05:52:22 - last edited 2024-08-16 06:03:50
Model: Archer AX90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.13 Build 20240509 rel.69123

Hi all,

I have an Ax90, and have been a new user to Parental controls.

I cannot seem to detach the plan. In the IOS app you go into left menu, select homeshield (subscribed),  its loading a remote webpage  (not sure of address as its represented as embedded/local) and when choosing the network option (it already has the Archer AX90 listed, the "select a network" already has it as selected in blue. and Confirm down the bottom also in blue ready to press.

If I de-highlight the archerax90 then confirm down the bottom is greyed out and is not pressable.

So if I hit the top left back arrow, it goes back a screen, and if I come back in, its still selected.

If I reconfirm it as selected, it just goes through and reloads it.

I've removed kids profiles, I have rebound tp-link in the web interface (after reading an issue for another customer whereby the diagnosis was that was involved in not rebinding it to turn it back on. I've de-subcribed in ios subpscriptions in case that triggers it off (maybe it will in a few weeks when the trial or purchase runs out).

I've checked the syslog and it is showing :-

2024-08-16 15:07:34 Parental Controls INFO [30769] Service start

2024-08-16 15:07:34 Parental Controls INFO [30769] Function enabled

2024-08-16 15:07:33 Parental Controls INFO [30769] Service stop

After a restart. So I suspect its still acting as a MIM arp spoofing filter, and though its not blocking anything I guess, its still causing dns issues and vpn client issues.

I've done the first restore option which says "Restore all configuration settings to default values, except your login and cloud account information."

I've yet to try a full factory restore. I suspect regardless because as reported in this thread 

Parental Controls and QoS keeps restarting on it's own while both are disabled - Home Network Community (tp-link.com)
and mainly this one

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/667088?replyId=1367186

Seem to suggest its a bit buggy and its remotely enabled/disabled on the released fw, and not so much about the config on the box.

Otherwise.

They've mostly been working as described. Seems it wont generate much on weekly report screens, sort of like this issue - https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/667088?replyId=1375690
but most problematically devices have been having trouble with DNS (xbox) and palto alto global vpn client. Even cisco anyconnect client I need to exit and get back into before it will find what it needs via dns.

Also the omada access point using a cloud controller in the cloud, if the ax90 reboots (I had started to schedule it daily to do so, due to issues), they then are not recongnised by the cloud controller until they are rebooted, but I can get to their IP addresses and they function, but can't configure them.

All this has really only started since I've loaded the parental controls, so I just want them properly off/removed.

Cheers,

Kieran

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to disable Parental controls on AX90
2024-08-19 10:13:17

@ksteele 

Hi

First and foremost, it's important to clarify that even in the absence of a profile, parental control processes will remain active during startup, resulting in their activity being logged.

Furthermore, the concerns regarding DNS and VPN that you raised are not directly linked to parental control but are likely associated with HomeShield. We will escalate the DNS and VPN matters to our senior engineers for a more in-depth analysis.

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240840248, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 99

Replies: 1

Related Articles