X55 Firmware causing problems

2024-08-22 12:33:31
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.5 Build 20240718 Rel. 44414

Problem is:

Online Clients (IoT and Main) few in number, sometimes as low as Zero, the rest reporting in the Offline Clients List. Rebooting resets the issue but again, eventually, all clients will end up on the Offline Clients List.

Not sure why this problem has begun, but it has to be in the recent X55 Firmware somewhere as this is a recent development. I've owned X55 for a year without these issues.

It only happens when X55 is set as Main Deco.

I have tested using X55 as Main Deco with M5 satellites (3 of each). Problem is apparent.

Setting M5 as Main Deco the problem disappears.

In case the M5 was the issue, I bought 2 x new X60 (yes, I'm a glutton for punishment)

Leaving X55 as Main Deco, the problem still exists.

Moving an X60 to Main Deco, the problem disappears (as does all the tricksy stuff introduced with the recent X55 Firmaware update).

With the X55 as Main Deco; I tried-

rebooting the network (several times);

restarting the whole network (cause heaps of problems and literally days of resetting everything);

changing the X55 Main Deco for another one (eventually trying all three)

None of this worked.

There is no need to respond, this post is for information only, in case others are having the same issue with the X55. Maybe if you are, just drop a message below.

My guess, its this new Client Recognition thing. It probably gets confused when products have had a previous manual name change or something.

Options
5 Reply
Re:X55 Firmware causing problems
2024-08-22 20:43:48

@SteveWex 

I have a mesh home network consisting of 4 Deco X55's which ! auto updated last night and I immediately had trouble with internet speeds. Tried rebooting them all through the app as well as hard reboots by disconnecting power to no avail. I have another backup router for another area of the house which was working fine,so I knew my ISP service was fine.

I Googled the issues and saw a number of people in same boat who did a factory reset of the all of their Deco satellites and said it fixed the problem. I didnt want to do that and saw one thing about making changes in the QoS settings and found that the "Total Bandwidth" was set to 0.1 mbps down and 0.1 mbps up, which is supposed to be total available bandwidth from your ISP. I simply changed both down and up to 1000 and it started working. 

Looks like the firmware update reset the QOS seetings to 0.1Mbps and changing this to 1000 fixed the issue for sure. 

r/TpLink - Firmware update 1.5.5 Update Issue Resolved

Options
2024-08-23 03:04:44

@kitofer 

Hi, This is quite intriguing feedback. I don't think it is supposed to happen otherwise it would significantly impact network performance

I will report to the engineer first and keep checking whether there might be similar feedback.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
3 weeks ago

@kitofer 

In my case QoS was turned off and remained turned off after resetting/restarting, so this was not the problem in my specific case, but its certainly worth checking if others experience slow internet.

Options
2 weeks ago

@David-TP 

Hello David,

Can you please ask developer to add these function for deco x55:

Turn off wifi via wifi schdule for each satelitte separately.

Also add more granular turn off wi-fi on days for each deco unit(like I already have on router Ax20 Ax1800)

Options
2 weeks ago

@ResurreCcion 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. Could you please also start a feature request here so that other users could vote to add more support if they need a similar feature:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/2252

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options