Possible to set up multiple BE800 with wired backhaul and working with existing router?

Possible to set up multiple BE800 with wired backhaul and working with existing router?

3 weeks ago
Model: Archer BE800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 0240528

Is there a way to set up multiple units of BE800 in the same manner as illustrated in this diagram?

I have an existing FW-Modem that I want to continue to use, and it would seem that I am unable to set up a Mesh if I don't have at least one of the BE800 running in Router mode.  But if I have one of the BE800 running in router mode I end up with double NAT and devices connected to it will have a different set of IPs.

Am I out of luck here?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Possible to set up multiple BE800 with wired backhaul and working with existing router?
3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@ChrisChng 

Hi,

Currently, Archer BE800 only supports building an EasyMesh network in router mode.

AP mode does not support EasyMesh at this time.

It is likely to add the feature for this model to support EasyMesh in AP mode in the future.

Please stay tuned for updates on our official website.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options