Deco X95 Frequent drop-offs

Monday
Model: Deco X95  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Lads,

this is driving me up the wall, I cannot figure a solution to this at all.

I bought 2 Deco x95, to replace my Deco x20. Speedtests were brilliant, 800-999mbsps during tests.

But…

The Deco x95 randomly drops connection when I log onto Steam or whenever i run speed test on speedtest.net or fast.com (deco lights flash red, connection is lost)

This is my current setup. One Deco is best in the living room, plugged into router via cat6 cable. Second Deco is located in the upstairs office. I have connected a cable from that deco into the back of my pc.

I have taken the following steps to try fix the problem:

• Disabled Wi-Fi on the Virgin Media Hub 4 to eliminate interference.
  • Switched Deco X95 from AP Mode to Router Mode, and configured Cloudflare DNS (1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1).
  • Tested wired connections (PC connected to the office Deco via Ethernet) and received stable speeds (~800 Mbps) without drop-offs.
  • Observed that the 2.4GHz band in the office Deco shows full bars, but the 5GHz band shows medium to high signal strength.
  • Swapped Deco units between rooms to test hardware performance, and saw similar issues in the office regardless of the unit.
  • Monitored the backhaul signal strength between the Deco units in the Deco app, noticing that the office unit's backhaul connection seems weak on 5GHz.
  • Tried disabling and enabling features like Fast Roaming and Beamforming in the Deco app.
  • Checked and ensured the Deco system is running on the latest firmware.
  • Changed the Wi-Fi channels and optimized placement to improve the signal strength, even set up a guest network on 2.4ghz and main on 5ghz see if I can trace an issue.
  • Im at a loss at what else i can do!!

any advice would be much appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X95 Frequent drop-offs
19 hours ago

@TheValeyard 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

"The Deco x95 randomly drops connection when I log onto Steam or whenever I run speed test on speedtest.net or fast.com (deco lights flash red, connection is lost)"

- Are you able to constantly reproduce this issue every time when log onto Steam or run the speed test?

- How about the main Deco X95? Is it still solid green?

- Do you need to manually restart the satellite Deco to restore the internet connection?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options