MihuLV2Online
Following: 0Followers: 0
Forums/ Deco
2022-09-06 21:21:16
Re:Block unknown devices on Deco M9 - user changes MAC address to fool parental controls
@WeroLuis Go and get your money back. This very thread has been running for over three years. TP-Link have had this issue pointed out to them more times than I've had hot dinners and they've chosen...
1HELPFULS
Forums/ Deco
2022-07-26 00:40:15
Re:Block unknown devices on Deco M9 - user changes MAC address to fool parental controls
I blame myself. I spent $600 on TP-Link Deco mesh hardware without doing my homework. I should have thought to investigate whether TP-Link had bothered to include a thought-out and functional...
0HELPFULS
Forums/ Deco
2022-06-03 03:16:44
Re:How to retain control over home network devices with randomized MAC addresses?
@David-TP This is not a solution, it's not even a workaround. It relies on the admin (let's call them a parent) noticing that a new device has joined and then logging in to the management interface...
5HELPFULS
Forums/ Deco
2022-01-26 20:15:15
@TP-Link Firstly, the concept of having a default profile, one with restricted parental controls that all devices/MAC addresses are assigned when first connecting has been raised a number of times...
2HELPFULS
Forums/ Deco
2022-01-17 04:33:09
@Serpenio You nailed it, TP-Link just don't care about the issue. It's sad really, when other vendors can push out meaningful updates in response to concerns raised by their user base but TP-Link...
1HELPFULS
Forums/ Deco
2021-12-23 02:11:20
@mfisch Agreed, this is like buying a firewall and discovering that it has every port open by default.
0HELPFULS