Votes

Smart lights with E14 fitting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Smart lights with E14 fitting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
36 Reply
Re:Smart lights with E14 fitting
2023-01-04 06:32:10

Unlock the thread for voting and comments~

Options
2023-01-04 08:25:29 - last edited 2023-01-04 08:25:45

@Solla-topee 

I'm not convinced it's ever going to happen, it's been 5 years since the thread opened.

Options
2023-01-04 08:43:59 - last edited 2023-03-16 06:20:10

Hi  @tgo 

Glad to hear from you Tgo,  to be honest I do not see an E14 bulb in the pipeline yet, this is decided by many reasons like the market , cost or resources etc

Feel free to leave your comments or voting here, we'd collect some popular feature request and shared with the team regularly for consideration. 

Options
2023-01-04 09:00:10

I hope TP-Link do make a E14 in kasa for a numerous of reasons, they are very reliably, ive never lost connection with them. Having warm white, cool white and multicoloured in one is brilliant. They are the best smart bulbs ive ever had, all the lights i have in every socket is a TP-Link bulb. If they did do a E14 and even a GU10  i would certainly buy them, would love to have near enough every light in my house to be TP-Link.

Options
2023-01-04 12:36:21 - last edited 2023-01-04 12:36:59

@Solla-topee 

I think you're right.

It's a shame as pretty much every bulb in my house is TP-Link

They are reliable and do as they should. BUT. they are pretty big.

I wonder if TP-Link have the capability to be able to shrink down the innards small enough to fit in E14, it may be a lack of ability rather than not wanting to do it, although you'd have thought after 5+ years of people asking for it they'd have tried. Others can do it, so we know it's possible, perhaps the market share of E14 isn't large enough to make it worrth TP-Links time to do.

Shame though.

Options
2023-01-20 18:07:51
Just been looking into kasa smart lighting and theres not much there anymore, majority now are tapo. To what ive read is that tapo are cheaper and not as reliable as kasa yet they are closing down kasa, slowly but surely. I think within the next 2 years kasa wont exist it will just be tapo and it will be attrocious, ive already read that tapo is not that good at a lot of things, even tp-link have said it on various threads, so why shut down a product that works extremely well for another product that looks cheap and nasty.
Options
2023-01-31 17:20:37

About a month ago I bought my first smart bulbs. Initially I didn't consider the selection of bulbs as a relevant research topic. I just kind of assumed that the most common connections would be supported.

My first purchase was two Tapo E27 bulbs. I got the two to get an impression of what the app and bulbs were capable of. After having tried it out for a bit, I went ahead and ordered 10 GU10 bulbs as well.

While I was waiting for my new bulbs to arrive, I started looking into buying E14 bulbs as well. I was surprised that I seemingly wasn't able to find it anywhere. That's when I stumbled upon this thread.

I read through this entire thread, and came to the conclusion that I'm not going to stay with the Tapo brand, specifically due to how customer support has handled this entire thread. Years of semi-promises, hinting at the possibility of the E14 bulbs to go into production. It's frankly unacceptable. Be clear about your scopes, and admit if there's a feature that you cannot or won't deliver for whatever reason. Or at the absolute very least, be explicit that this is NOT just around the corner, but years into the future if it ever happens at all.

I have returned the GU10 bulbs that I ordered, and will be receiving a refund for those.

The E27 bulbs, I had unfortunately been using for some days, so I decided to gift them away.

I've now purchased all the bulbs of varying types that I need. I chose the brand ANTELA, but honestly my impression is that most other brands will offer better selection than Tapo does. And it's a huge shame because the Tapo app, and build quality of the bulbs is all fine. Unfortunately that doesn't matter when basic customer expectations isn't met.

Options
Re:Re:Smart lights with E14 fitting
2023-03-15 16:25:02

@Kevin_Z Apologies for necro-ing this thread but it's four years old and there's still no sign of any E14 bulbs.

I take it's not happening, in lieu of a tp-link E14 bulb what can yoiu recommend, is anything compatible with your hub?

Options
2023-03-15 16:37:15

@themainliner they have e14 tapo bulbs but not e14 kasa bulbs which is pretty disgusting because alot of people have spent alot of money on kasa bulbs then they bring out tapo and they have e14 so now we gotta buy more bulbs and even have to buy a hub to make tapo work. TP-Link are pretty disgusting right now, they dont give a cr@p about there customers

Options
2023-03-15 18:51:24 - last edited 2023-03-15 18:52:58

@TimSwain1988 

Tapo is the 'budget' end of TP Link, wonder why they have only produced it on that.

@Solla-topee why?

Options

Voters 3