Auto off and Sunset +/-

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Auto off and Sunset +/-

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Auto off and Sunset +/-
Auto off and Sunset +/-
2019-01-25 15:37:24

Two questions....I bought TP link 3 way switches to add to my house because while I have plenty of Wemo switches, up until this year, they did not have a 3 way switch.  With that said, I have run into the following issues:

1. Based on all of my reading, I apparently need to purchase a tp link smart router to add the auto off functionality to their smart switches.  For example my kids leave the bathroom lights on all day and I would like to schedule it to turn off after 60-90 minutes like I can with Wemo switches.  According to the app I need a smart router which seems completely unnecessary to add a simple feature.  Is there a way to make this work?  I have Alexa, IFTTT and google home hubs as well so I can use basically anything other than buying a smart router.  Help!
  2. Is there any way to have the light switches turn on at sunset +/- a specified period of time like I can for Wemo switches?  I typically do sunset + 30 minutes because it is still light out for a while after sunset.

If the answer to both of these questions is no, it looks like I'll be switching over to Wemo 3 way switches when they come out later this year.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Auto off and Sunset +/-
2019-01-27 03:09:04

Hey,

You are right those features do not exist with the switches and the Kasa app. 

I would bet they might be coming.   TP-link recently added the ability to turn on/off at sunrise and sunset. 

Ryan

Options
Re:Auto off and Sunset +/-
2019-02-22 06:45:35

Hello, to turn on/off the switch automatically, you can setup schedule to do that: https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-947.html 

While if you want to turn off on schedule but random +/- minutes, you may use the 3rd party tool which is called amazon routing  to acheive that. 

For the 2nd question, TP-Link plan to add this function in the near future. You can keep an eye on it. 

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1005

Replies: 2