Votes

Can you have multiple accounts on Kasa APP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-07 06:51:08 - last edited 2021-04-19 02:06:55

I have two accounts set up one for a house in the UK and the other for a house in Spain, is there anyway that I have both accounts on the Kasa App so that I avn switch between both without having to log out and log in again

Options
6 Reply
Re:Can you have multiple accounts on Kasa APP
2019-03-08 07:02:41 - last edited 2021-04-19 02:06:55

Hello,

Sorry to  tell you that we can switch the account on Kasa app manually yet.

While we do believe that it is a good idea and we will feed back to our R&D department so that the engineers can work on it.

Good day. 

Options
2020-08-02 20:12:10 - last edited 2021-04-19 02:06:55

@Kevin_Z I have 5houses and will like that feature too ASAP . 
also if tenants move in and create an account do I have to setup the whole things again ? 
woukd be great to give access to a specific group of lights to another email id

tha j you

Kevin_Z wrote

Hello,

Sorry to  tell you that we can switch the account on Kasa app manually yet.

While we do believe that it is a good idea and we will feed back to our R&D department so that the engineers can work on it.

Good day. 

Options
2021-01-03 16:02:08 - last edited 2021-04-19 02:06:55

@Kado 

Just wanted to chime in here to say how pathetic it is that i am seeing 2 MAJOR issues that have had post for 2-3 years noting the issues with this system and to hear the same answer from Kasa over and over again about the programmers/engineers working on it for this amount of time tells me that they really don't care as these are NOT major fixes, just "upgrades" to software.

I can't imagine if the two standard issues i was looking into (1-being able to have more than one person be able to access an account BUT having the main account holder being able to control other peoples access to specific devices AND 2- for the many people that want to be able to control multiple locations from one application/account) have not been addressed how many other "standard/basic" issues are not able to be addressed by the manufacturer? Pretty sad and pathetic! Very bummed i did not read these forums before buying many of their products.

Options
2021-01-04 01:44:19 - last edited 2021-04-19 02:06:55

@Jbs82259 

Thank you again for your suggestions. 

As you mentioned that these features may have been discussed on the community, and we also added it to our request form for the related team to evaluate, while we have got any updates from them yet, sorry about that.

Options
2021-04-17 16:43:54 - last edited 2021-04-19 02:06:55
The ability to have multiple family members access the same Kasa smart plugs in a home seems like an obvious basic feature. Had I known this was lacking I would not have bought them.
Options
2021-09-30 05:44:33

@Kevin_Z 

It is now September 2021 and this basic feature still hasn't been added. I would like to suggest that your team make this issue a priority otherwise this will become a running joke to see how long it takes for the team of "engineers" at TP-Link to do something. Please help us out here. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 6061

Replies: 6

Voters 4