Difficulty formatting SD card on Tapo C200 camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Difficulty formatting SD card on Tapo C200 camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
80 Reply
Re:Difficulty formatting SD card on Tapo C200 camera
2020-07-23 12:14:07

Hi All,

I was tearing my hair out with this SD Card issue. However, someone had mentioned using the SD Card from a dashcam (if you have one). Well, would you believe it, I took out the SD Card (64GB) from it and inserted it into the Camera and after initialising for a minute, it was working!

I suggest you try this first - I think the dashcams must format the SD Card in such a way that it is compatable with the camera.

Cheers

Options
2020-08-21 10:08:05

@seagull77 your welcome, glad it helped, ive had no issues at all since using the 64gb.

Options
2020-09-05 06:53:07

@Foxtrotter 

So much trouble trying to get a 128gb memory card to work.

Formatted this fat32 on my pc first no problems but when connecting it to the camera I get sd card error. 

I think this product should be advertised to say works best with 32 gb sd card.

If you want 128gb this is not plug and play, no matter what you will need to spent hours faffing around and using a laptop to get this to work.

This is misleading in my eyes anything over  32gb is formatted xfat as standard, on windows 10 you cant format it fat32 without downloading some dodgy program and risking downloading potential viruses to your machine.

Buy a 32gb saves a load of hassle. 

Options
2020-09-18 12:20:37

@Kevin_Z 

How can I get the latest firmware and hardware versions. Mine are only 1.0 for hardware and 1.0.14 for firmware.

Options
2020-09-18 14:59:54

@Beedge Hi, mine updates both through the app and has done it regularly, I have 2 cameras and i get a new notification on the camera and it installs the updates. There is also an option in the little icon, bottom right hand side which says Me, you can check there .

Options
2020-10-08 09:32:12

@Foxtrotter how to format sdcard 128g itry to format using microSD Card  apps Tapo but same not formated

Options
2020-10-09 00:54:18

@R_NheL 

Good day.

Have you tried to take the SD card out and put it into the laptop and format it again?

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-11-03 04:26:35

@Kevin_Z 

Hi and Thanks for supporting.

I have tried everything you said

1. Camera firmware up to date

2. iOS app updated

3. 128gb SD card - first tried formatting in camera, Failed. Then tried on Windows but it allowed Fatex something so formatted with third party app to FAT32.

Yet the camera first says 'there is a problem with SD card, then starts initialising which leads to formatting and eventually formatting fails!

please help me with advanced measures. 
Thanks in advance.

Options
2020-11-03 05:54:30

@impkulkarni 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Did you mean the 128G SD card could be formatted by third party app to FAT32, but once put back to the camera, it still had the error 'there is a problem with SD card, then started format but failed again?

Can I have a product label of the SD card?

By the way, how long have you had the Tapo camera and did it work fine with other SD card before?

Later, we would like to follow up your case by email and please have a check of your email box later;

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-11-03 08:23:24

@There appears to be a problem with rage 125gb. As stated in previous posts you need to try a 32gb or maybe a 64gb

impkulkarni wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hi and Thanks for supporting.

I have tried everything you said

1. Camera firmware up to date

2. iOS app updated

3. 128gb SD card - first tried formatting in camera, Failed. Then tried on Windows but it allowed Fatex something so formatted with third party app to FAT32.

Yet the camera first says 'there is a problem with SD card, then starts initialising which leads to formatting and eventually formatting fails!

please help me with advanced measures. 
Thanks in advance.

Options